2.0T Quattro and 3.0TDi Auto

Booster

Deliveries for the 2.7TDI and 3.0TDI manual are currently taking until at least June, so if they've not even announced the release of the others yet I guess it won't be until the Autumn before the first deliveries arrive.

This was the update in Mid January, I don't know if there has been another since then....

A5/S5 Coupe – Revised Information

Revised Information

• Availability of the panoramic sunroof is reduced due to production constraints and has

therefore been removed from ordering until further notice.

• The 1.8T engine has been re-opened for ordering.

• S5 lead time is currently showing April as production is full up to that time. As a result

Centre tagged cars have been locked to allow customer cars to be scheduled.

• Scheduling of 2.7TDI multitronic and 3.0TDI have been revised and lead times for this

engine should be calculated as early June 2008 for customer orders.

Previous Information

• Please note that Black headlining is only available with upholstery colours GD or GG with Sports

seats and only with GD on standard seats (26/09/07).

Nelson,

My dealer has confirmed what you say about the 3.0TDi Tip but says that it is unlikely that the 2.0T will ever go in the A5 as it is too close in bhp to the 1.8T.

Now I know that you know your stuff so I belive you over him! Got any evidence I can wave at them??

Got a test drive booked on Thursday. Their demo car is the 2.7 multitronic but at least it will give me a feel for the car.

The engine codes for the 2.0T A5 have been on ETKA since last December and they are currently testing Biofuel versions in the US (on fourtitude iirc). There is also a leaked product info document going around the internet which states that time.

According to ETKA, it will have 220PS and be only available in Quattro. So it's in a different league to the 1.8T wink.gif

Had almost two hours on my own to play with the 2.7TDi today. I have never been a fan of multitronic but I've just changed my mind! Surprisingly responsive and certainly feels faster than it says in the brochure!

That said, there is hell of a lot of torque steer and having had Quattro cars since 2001 I think I will stick with it.

This means either the 3.0TDi with tiptronic or wait and see what gearbox / Quattro combinations they come up with for the 2.0T.

One thing is for sure: I'm definitely having one grin.gif

Meteor, Quartz or silver is the next question?

[ QUOTE ]

Had almost two hours on my own to play with the 2.7TDi today. I have never been a fan of multitronic but I've just changed my mind! Surprisingly responsive and certainly feels faster than it says in the brochure!

That said, there is hell of a lot of torque steer and having had Quattro cars since 2001 I think I will stick with it.

This means either the 3.0TDi with tiptronic or wait and see what gearbox / Quattro combinations they come up with for the 2.0T.

One thing is for sure: I'm definitely having one grin.gif

Meteor, Quartz or silver is the next question?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2.7 Tdi is suprisingly quick isn't it 169144-ok.gif, as you say there is a bit of scrabbling from the front tyres, but I think I can live with that to have the smoothness of the automatic. But if it had been available when I ordered mine I think the 3.0TDI Auto would have definately been the one to have.

Mine's going to be Meteor and I was going to swap to Silver before I found out it's about to built, so you can't go wrong with either IMHO 169144-ok.gif

Only 6 weeks to go until mine arrives hopefully grin.gif

Booster - I'd agree with the comment about the window switches. Impressive as the interior is on the whole, I felt they were a bit of a let down when I sat in the car for the first time last year (and the new A4 has them too). Apparently the soft-touch rubber coating wasn't carried over from the B7 because of the many warranty issues they had with it peeling too easily. Evidently it got to the point where Audi actually sued the supplier. shocked.gif