[Audi A3/S3] Why I like not driving my S3!

prt57

Hi,

Just thought that I would let you know why I like not driving my 8P S3 all of the time!!

I don't use it for going to work as teach in a secondary school and only last week one of the "little dears" ran a key along the flanks of 3 cars in the car park. Instead I use a Clio 1.2 with the slow 8V engine and so the S3 only comes out to play for evenings and weekends.

I have been really busy for the last few weekends and so the S3 has remained locked away. Today I was supposed to be doing the garden and my wife had taken the children out for the day as nobody had wanted to help me!!

The sun was shining and I thought forget the garden, there is always tomorrow, time to get out Sid the S3.

I always let him warm up thoroughly and have a look at the oil temp before any right foot action.

70 miles later and Sid is back in the garage. A thrash a long quick A and B roads is what the S3 is all about. The Clio is running out of puff at 3000 rpm but the S3 is just getting going. Amazing power all the way up to the red line with that gruff deep exhaust note. I am still very impressed with the way it pulls in 6th gear let alone the lower ones. I never give it full beans in 1st or 2nd, I value the tyres too much but it is still like a rocket in 3rd. I can only imagine what a remap must be like.

So there you have it, if you get the chance to drive summat slow for a while do it and then get back in the S3 again. You will remember why you bought it in the first place. Sophisticated, well put together and a very swift motor when you want it to be.

Cheers prt57

Keep yer pants on guys!! It's called banter eh wink.gif

Back on topic. The S3 IMHO is a great machine. Best car I've owned and the longest (4 Years). I still yearn for it, when I see one of the few I see around. That tells you something.

I've had the R for just under 2 years now and I'm ready to flog it, so there you go smlove2.gif