Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DHA

The official Arsenal thread

180 posts in this topic

Shocking challenge. Have only dared look at the just before the impact pics, really don't want to see afterwards.

A classic second from Theo though smile.gif

Gallas was a bit sulky.

Let's hope Eduardo's injury isn't a career killer. The Arsenal physio looked ashen faced, as did quite a few others.

So lets hope Newcastle can upset Utd 169144-ok.gif

Gallas probably told them to win it for Edy, I am sure the thrown away result will have upset him. Don't blame him to be honest, I am still fuming about it.

Broken ankle, fibula and tibula are being reported at the moment. Can't look at the photos but on the arsenal forums some people are concerned where his ankle was in relation to his leg and the blood on his hand as well frown.gif

To be honest, it looked a genuine enough challenge but he got done by the boys quick feet, a genuine centre halfs challenge. i do hope he recovers, no reason why he shouldnt.

On the subject of gallas. what a joke. he should be ashamed of himself. he matched the attitude shown by eboue on occasions and toure. We must have the worst attitude in the premiership. smashfreakB.gif

Maxxboy, a very fair assesment unlike Wengers (and quite a few others,) who does he think he is saying Taylor should never play again.

Im sure Taylor is pretty upset about the injury he caused as well

I hope that Eduardo makes a full recovery 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Maxxboy, a very fair assesment unlike Wengers (and quite a few others,) who does he think he is saying Taylor should never play again.

Im sure Taylor is pretty upset about the injury he caused as well

I hope that Eduardo makes a full recovery 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded.

One of the less gruesome pictures portrays the tackle as being a real bad one but watching it in real time it was nothing like that. It wasn't a great one but was at the worst an early rash challenge by a slower player - not good but no way deliberate al la Keane - Haarland.

I can understand Wenger being upset (and as such he shouldn't have said much at all) but once again this 'man of intelligence' lets himself down with the comments he made. It's not even as if Arsenal are a bunch of angels.

They just showed it on MOTD from the angle those pictures were taken. It was horrible viewing, but did show that Taylor wasn't being particularly malicious, just bad timing. I think it is fair to say Eduardo won't be playing for some time.

Wenger has also retracted his comments

[ QUOTE ]

They just showed it on MOTD from the angle those pictures were taken. It was horrible viewing, but did show that Taylor wasn't being particularly malicious, just bad timing. I think it is fair to say Eduardo won't be playing for some time.

Wenger has also retracted his comments

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to see that AW has done this - it's a difficult scenario that didn't need emotions inflamed any further.

For once I can say that I was really impressed by SKY. The tackle was in normal time and they refused to show any replays or slowmotion or different angles. It was a show of respect in a horrible situation. What did the BBC do on MOTD? Showed the other angle (sky pics) which was totally horrific and uncalled for. They went down in my estimation last night. Hope they can rebuild his ankle, it looked a bit like Alan Smith's break and he came back eventually 169144-ok.gif

Yeah I was shocked that BBC showed it. I couldn't watch, I felt sick when I saw the game live, but even my gf who is not normally squeamish had to look away - that told me how bad it was.

On reflection I am not fussed about the result yesterday, I am more concerned that one of our most promising players is out for at least this season and possibly his career. I wonder if the FA will introduce newer disciplinary rules as a result of this? Martin Taylor, yes it was accidental but he has caused a serious injury because of his action, will get the same ban as Aliaidere who slapped another player yesterday. Does not seem right to me.

In lounge of joy there are some photos, the 1st one prior to the damage is worth viewing. It shows how bad a tackle it was, chin high, studs up alot of force. Dont bother with the others. Luke 169144-ok.gif

I scrolled down quick enough before they load. I have seen the immediate before point of impact one (probably the one you mean) with his foot flat on the shin frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was shocked that BBC showed it. I couldn't watch, I felt sick when I saw the game live, but even my gf who is not normally squeamish had to look away - that told me how bad it was.

On reflection I am not fussed about the result yesterday, I am more concerned that one of our most promising players is out for at least this season and possibly his career. I wonder if the FA will introduce newer disciplinary rules as a result of this? Martin Taylor, yes it was accidental but he has caused a serious injury because of his action, will get the same ban as Aliaidere who slapped another player yesterday. Does not seem right to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're saying shin, fiblua and ankle are broken. Nasty.

The injury was horrible, but I still think the only way to punish players is by the level of intent. And I honestly believe Taylor was going for the ball. He's just poo and slow.

I dont think any extended ban is going to make him feel worse than he already does.

I hope Eduardo manages to fully recover.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're saying shin, fiblua and ankle are broken. Nasty.

The injury was horrible, but I still think the only way to punish players is by the level of intent. And I honestly believe Taylor was going for the ball. He's just poo and slow.

I dont think any extended ban is going to make him feel worse than he already does.

I hope Eduardo manages to fully recover.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, you cant enforce a harsher punishment just because it has resulted in an injury. its a contact sport(just) after all. i am sure there have been and will be worse tackles this season, its just that the result of this one was so visual.

Happy 25th Birthday (today).

There hasn't been a worse injury causing tackle this season, and god I hope there isn't another one round the corner for some poor sod.

Show the film to every player in the league force them all to understand the consequences of stupid, rash or even totally deliberate bad challenges.

Bring in a 10 game, no pay- suspension for 'wreckless' tackling.

I'm gutted for the lad, I fear we won't be seeing him in the Arsenal 1st team for at least 12 months- if he's lucky enough to recover.

He could end up a hobbling cripple, so I can totally accept Wengers rash 1st statement yesterday.

One of Arsenals golden promises fecked over by sheer stupidity.

I bet Taylor feels proud- As for the MacLeish saying it wasn't dangerous, that was more for legal purposes than any statement of truth.

Gutted, absolutely gutted for the lad.

Anyway, happy birthday and I hope and wish you a speedy recovery. I was proud to watch you play, and will be again in the future.

I just cant see how it was a stupid tackle. it was late, but there are dozens of late tackles in every game. this one was more a result of the speed which arsenal play at.

football has to remain a contact sport, and as a consequence of that injuries are going to happen. no-one likes seeing it, and everyone i am sure wishes him well, but its a broken leg, he hasnt been murdered.

larrson recovered from a similar injury(albeit there was no bones through the skin in his one) and came back a better player. so i really hope he has the same fortune.

i just feel its wrong to jump on taylor, who i am sure feels as bad as anyone.

There have been far nastier tackles this season, Crouch and Hunt as examples. The fact they didnt result in causing injury was pure luck.

Immediate red cards. I agree all Premiership players should be made to watch a replay of Eduardo's injury as its food for thought. But its impossible to impose extra long bans, as 'wreckless' is a matter of opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

Happy 25th Birthday (today).

There hasn't been a worse injury causing tackle this season, and god I hope there isn't another one round the corner for some poor sod.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one wants to see unfortunate consequences but it happens, has happened before and will again. Occasionally (Royston K) it's deliberate but a lot of the time it isn't. Taylor didn't throw himself in from great distance with fierce intent, he was a bit rash and got done by skill, timing and relative body positions. What timeframe did he have to react to the movement - 1/2 second? Not a lot of time to shift your body (or even react).

[ QUOTE ]

Show the film to every player in the league force them all to understand the consequences of stupid, rash or even totally deliberate bad challenges.

Bring in a 10 game, no pay- suspension for 'wreckless' tackling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Showing it at the Emirates might not be such a bad idea. Nani is just the latest who might have a viewpoint on that.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm gutted for the lad, I fear we won't be seeing him in the Arsenal 1st team for at least 12 months- if he's lucky enough to recover.

He could end up a hobbling cripple, so I can totally accept Wengers rash 1st statement yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone hopes he recovers (and I would imagine that unless there are complications there is a decent - good chance of this). Djibril Cisse managed to recover from two (at least one of which wasn't that pleasant) in fairly close proximity so there is a good chance if the medics have done their stuff.

He's a damn good player & one I liked watching so I for one hope there are no issues.

At the same time, it could be worse. Those wanting to see Taylor hanged for treason, poverty, famine etc and want to at least beatify Eduardo should consider rugby players who play for the love of the game and end up paralysed from the neck down as a result of actions that are no better or worse.

[ QUOTE ]

I bet Taylor feels proud- As for the MacLeish saying it wasn't dangerous, that was more for legal purposes than any statement of truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but that really is a load of horse.

It's not like there is any history between them (neither played in the reverse fixture so how could there be confused.gif).

He was caught cold and done by superior skill. No great intention but fairly nasty consequences and I'm sure he feels pretty bad about it.

As for McLeish - What do you want him to say?

I'm 100% certain that if there was even the slimmest possible chance that a Prem manager asked a player or players to take out a member of the Arsenal team, Eduardo wouldn't be top of the list, good as he is and may still become.