Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DHA

The official Arsenal thread

180 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

I bet Taylor feels proud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rubbish. Taylor was (and probably still is) distraught.

I'm glad there seems to have been a crackdown on dangerous tackles this season (despite claims there hasn't from the referees). I have thought for a long time that there has been far too much focus on technical infringements and diving and the like at the expense of dealing properly with career threatening challenges.

Having said that, I agree in principle with the idea of a statutory long ban for reckless play, but I can see all kinds of problems with its implementation, and where different referees draw the line in different places.

And, ultimately, we have to accept that football is a physical contact sport where awful career threatening injuries can happen without it actually being someone's fault. The game is at risk of becoming just another part of life where blame must be attached for every negative event.

Ed' was pretty positive and hasn't blamed Taylor, kind of said 'these things happen'. Will be doing his upmost to get back asap. Top bloke. A good read on the Gooners website 169144-ok.gif

Yeah that is good news, hopefully no infections like Buust had a few years back.

Bloody villa!!!

I take half of that back.....finished 1 each....

Just home from the game, the highlight of my day was before and after the game in the rocket. We were the worst we have been all season. Did villa deserve to win, I'm not convinced, we didn't deserve to win.

Actually retract that, after their scum fans chanting about Edy they deserved to draw after a last minute equaliser.

c***s

I must aplogise for a minority of our support. We seem to have a few lunatics following us at the moment. I went away to Fulham and was embarressed by the some elements of our support, I also walked up Queens Road to the game a few weeks ago and found a group of about 50 Villa and Blackburn fans throwing scaffold clips at each other, and roling around in bushes.

Dont tarnish us all with the same brush. These are the same idiots who sing the Tracy Andrews song, I would ban them for life.

Draw was a fair result IMHO. We are still building although we are currently 5th I would be happy with a top 8 finish, slowly slowly catch the monkey and all that. Ideal this season a UEFA cup place and beating Small Heath next month. It would be funny though to finish above Liverpool, I manage my works Liverpool office, man I would give them some stick.

[ QUOTE ]

Dont tarnish us all with the same brush. These are the same idiots who sing the Tracy Andrews song, I would ban them for life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough mate, a few Villa fans have been posting on our boards about it too and have directed us to threads about the Tracy Andrews stuff and also the McGrath bits too. Shame but I suppose it is the same as the small element of Arsenal fans who shout anti-semetic stuff as well.

I'm getting all 'bothered' and it doesn't start for 3 hrs and 17 minutes crazy.gif.

Eboue in, Walcott out. Hleb playing rear forward supporting Adebayor.

Van Persie unlikely to play, last 15 minutes at best.

I'm worried of North London, I'll calm myself with dark thoughts of Man Utd being stuffed at Old Trafford grin.gif

Not that concerned at the moment, but the home game I was terrible. Give it an hour or so though......

Bloody hell, those Italians look a tad shell shocked. beerchug.gif

What a game, well played tongue.gif

They were diferent class tonight!!

Hope they dont let that kind of form slip.

Yahoo!

For those that missed it that was the, ahem (ex european champions) old men of Italy 0 Arsenal 2 grin.gif

Oh Cesc Fabregas,

You are the love of my life.

Oh Cesc Fabregas,

I'd let you shag my wife.

Oh Cesc Fabregas,

I wish I could play football like yooooooouuuuuu

It's hard to put into words what a big deal this is. Simply put, they have done something on other English side has ever done. Oh there, I said it. 169144-ok.gif

Fantastic result. It's just a shame they couldn't have done it at the weekend. I'd be £700 better off! smashfreakB.gif

The beautiful game jump.gif.

(If in doubt) I urge any interested football supporter to watch that game as an example znaika.gif.

Sends out a great message back to the Prem league, bets on for a Man Utd v Arsenal draw smile.gif.

Haven't seen Arsenal play that well since pre Xmas- How good does that feel, back on form and still a weak squad the_finger.gif.

Rosicky, Van Persie and Toure should all be back in the next week or two 169144-ok.gif.

And I've just been sent off for over use of smileys

iamwithstupid.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Oh Cesc Fabregas,

You are the love of my life. and i thought it was Mollox

Oh Cesc Fabregas,

I'd let you shag my wife. he has done

Oh Cesc Fabregas,

I wish I could play football like yooooooouuuuuu dream on

[/ QUOTE ]

jump.gif

well done both teams last night, sublime performance from thr arse 169144-ok.gif

Back to somewhat less pleasant reality tomorrow against the (not so, I suppose) mighty Wigan Athletic grin.gif

It will be interesting to see how the Arsenal boys cope on what will probably be a total ploughed field at the JJB - certainly looked absolutely dreadful after the rugby last week and given the forecast is rain/hail for tomorrow it could fall apart again quite quickly.

I'd be happy if we score and happier still if Arsenal score 2 or less UHOH7.GIF

Another performance where we were unable to finish off a poorer side. 8 points dropped in the last 4 games and the title seems further away than it ever has. Shame. But given most people wrote us off for even getting into the top 4, hell even Spurs were going to finish above us!, we haven't done bad so far.

Must buy a commemorative Spurs watch yelrotflmao.gif

So after 4 draws, 3 of which were poor results will the form be found again? I hope so, but then again I felt confident before Boro last week UHOH7.GIF

2 big games today, a win for Liverpool and a win for us is the perfect weekend, but I don't see that happening. If Torres plays well maybe, just maybe Liverpool can snatch a draw and I think that is the best Gooners can hope for. At Stamford Bridge I am hoping for a win, if we play like we did in Milan then anything can be achieved, perhaps the squad are small game bottlers and need something like this to get them going. If we are 6 points behind Utd this evening then the title will look even further away than it has done of late. I hope that is not the case but I suspect all 3 clubs currently in with a shout will drop points between now and early May.

Come on you Gunners!

Well that's f@cked that then!

6 points is too much, we were the ones who dropped points. Champions League it is then......... frown.gif

doubt very much we'll manage that. we were toothless today.

man u look so impressive just now.god that hurt to type that. smashfreakB.gif