Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A5quattro

So, watching Fifth Gear last night.......

37 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

Surely the A5 30TDi would be comparable to a 330cd, not the 335cd???

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I said that further up.

Possibly.

I've lost track. tongue.gifgrin.gif

A5 would compete in terms of market with 3 series coupe.

335d to 3.0 A5 is quite a big difference in power and toque, but if you looks at the 0-60 - nothing in it. A5 is the only choice if you want manual, bm only choice if you want auto...

I forgot to mention that there is a new more powerful 3.0TDi twin turbo unit on the way from Audi. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention that there is a new more powerful 3.0TDi twin turbo unit on the way from Audi. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

Yeah the 330d coupe is the A5 competitor really, you have to remember that just about every one is seeing around .4 seconds quicker to 60mph on the BMWs than the paper figures, so around 5.8 for the 330d and 5.4 for the 335d.

Remapped the 335d's are all getting to 60mph in 5 seconds or less.

It will be great to see a twin turbo 3.0tdi, Audi have really needed a new derv in their line up for a while now.

[ QUOTE ]

...and they need to start quoting realistic performance figures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they do, I did drive the A5/635DS back to back and felt a LOT of difference, mid range was a no-contest.

That coming from an "Audi Man" is a bit sad..............

.......................... for Audi that is. coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

A5, S5 B8 A4, A8 - none of them meeting claimed performance figures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it really make a big difference in the grand scheme of things? 0.1 - 0.5 sec difference to 60? Do they have a seriously run-in engine (30K+ miles) when these are performed or at they new and tight (10 miles)?

The in-gear times are more important, and as long as they are damn close then 0-60 can swivel for I care (within reason).

Also, on the 0-60 times, do they have a set standard on how they perform them? MPG/CO2 figures from Audi were terrible because they used a car with 2 bods and a full tank of fuel, whilst most others had either 2 bods and 1.1 gallons (5kg v 70Kg) or 1 bod and 1.1 gallons of fuel.

Probably that 1 bod was a jockey as well!

BMW and Porsche seem to be able to claim figures which are achieved. Why can't Audi?