• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 byron13

byron13

I ♥ Lewis Hamilton

• Members
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:30 AM

Long story short folks but my car came back from it’s service last week and have just checked the tyre pressures and Audi garage had set the pressures about 5 PSI lower than they should be (38F 35R) !! Anyway aside from them getting them wrong I pumped them back up and realised that the pump and digital gauge I have both give different readings. So off I trot and fork out for a new Michelin set up from Halfords only to find that they all give different readings now so no idea which is correct ?? (4 PSI range)

Also in the small print on the new 12v “advanced” pump mentions 2 PSI tolerance.

Does anyone know of a decent accurate one that I can trust ??

Thanks
Alfa Romeo 147 Collezione - White 1.9JTD - Pretty but not quick!
B7 Daytona RS4 MY07 - Now gone and sad :(

#2 burble

burble

?

• Members
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationLetchworth

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:41 AM

I read an article in a magazine a couple of months back where they tested digital tyre pressure gauges and compared them to a calibrated unit. The Michelin one came top, hence I bought one.

#3 byron13

byron13

I ♥ Lewis Hamilton

• Members
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:55 AM

Blimey the Michelin handheld gauge and pump are 4 PSI apart!! Cool thanks will look for that report.

#4 burble

burble

?

• Members
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationLetchworth

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:04 AM

I don't remember which magazine it was in but I do remember that I read it while I was waiting to get my hair cut. I'm off to my hait cut tomorrow so I'll see if the magazine is still there.

#5 Andy_Bangle

Andy_Bangle

Wallander

• Members
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

Not exactly pressure gauges however, last year AutoExpress ran foot pump test. Some results are truly shocking:

http://www.autoexpre...foot_pumps.html

and in 2006 they had a tyre pressure test:

http://www.autoexpre...ure_gauges.html
Warning, this post contains my usual spelling mistakes, punctuation horrors and possibly ill-thought out ideas.

#6 byron13

byron13

I ♥ Lewis Hamilton

• Members
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember which magazine it was in but I do remember that I read it while I was waiting to get my hair cut. I'm off to my hait cut tomorrow so I'll see if the magazine is still there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif

#7 CactusGreen

CactusGreen

Ford Fiesta ST

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:22 AM

I've had an accutire one for a few years now...not cheap, but reads to +/- 0.5% rather than the massive +/- 1psi (thats about 3% on an average car) - 5 year warranty and can be re-calibrated if needed. Can't see the one I have now, but MS-4505GB is similar with a flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/169144-ok.gif

It matches up to my X-Pressure (Smartire) system very closely.
01.5 B5 A4 2.4SE Tip - Votex body kit, Hidden Microwave PDC, Pirelli X-Pressure TPMS, Hardwired Bel RX65e, Lamp Guards...and the exclusive Red Logo Audi Sport Valve Stem Caps! and now a Dec 94 80 cabriolet 2.6e auto too....

Posted Image In the A4
Posted Image In the cabby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users