Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
camill4

Audi A5 1.8 Sport Do I take the plunge?

18 posts in this topic

Well I've just got a new job which means I have to give up my A3 2.0 Tdi Quattro Sport at the end of April.

I'm thinking of going for the A5 1.8 Sport with B&O Sound, Xenons (to get the day time running lights) and Cruise Control.

Can anyone who has a A5 1.8 Sport let me know their thoughts?

I'm getting quoted a delivery time of end of May does that sound about right?

All comments thoughts greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure you'll find anyone in the UK thats got one yet, well not a 1.8 anyway. UK production was held up for some reason and hence the May delivery date you've been given. Is it what YOU want? if so get one... the 1.8 will be no firecracker with only 170hp but it should be perfectly adequate for day to day driving.

Thanks for the response.

I've actually managed to get a test drive scheduled for Sat so I guess I will know for sure then if it is what I want...

Hi

Well I have taken the plunge and managed to get the car with the spec in my first post for £28415. I hope that is a good deal because I couldn't really stretch to much more than £29000....

£28K for a 1.8? Jeez.... it's an A4 with 2 doors missing, why is the price so high? Or is that for the 3.0TDI?

Does that have a turbo? or is it an n/a 1.8? Didn't know they did one?

[ QUOTE ]

£28K for a 1.8? Jeez.... it's an A4 with 2 doors missing, why is the price so high?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's quite competitively priced - an equivalent CLK200 will set you back around £2k more.

[ QUOTE ]

It's the new 1.8T unit isn't it?

It'd barely move with a n/a 1.8! EEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is the new 170PS 1.8TFSi.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

£28K for a 1.8? Jeez.... it's an A4 with 2 doors missing, why is the price so high?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's quite competitively priced - an equivalent CLK200 will set you back around £2k more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you can buy another brand of similarish car for a bit dearer doesn't make the price of the A5 any better.

Not being funny - its a medium sized coupe similar to the A4 and the price seems high for what you get.

I think its overpriced. Will be interesting what prices they come up with for the cab variants - normally the cab is a few k more for the same engine model etc..

In which case 32-33K base for a 2.0t with 170bhp is shite...

I was only asking if I had got a good discount on the price of the A5 with the spec I had listed . I'm well aware I could get other cars but the A5 is the one I wanted... EEK2.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

I was only asking if I had got a good discount on the price of the A5 with the spec I had listed . I'm well aware I could get other cars but the A5 is the one I wanted... EEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

what was the list price vs. the price agreed?

ROTR 29565 vs the OTR I got of 28415 makes for just under a 4% discount I think....

Sorry mate, wasn't trying to piss on your bonfire! :cheers:

A5 is a very nice car. Prices are getting silly though IMO. 169144-ok.gif