How do they compare?

Scotty

I'm trying to work out where my bikes sits in the range and hope someone can translate it to car speak. Just a bit of pointless fun wink.gif

i.e. The CBR600F seem to be a reliable, well built bike (so I'm told) that does a bit of everything well and has enough grunt when required e.g. for fun/track days, does this mean I've bought the equivalent of another S4?

An A4 comparison may be about right but have I got a 1.9D or a 4.2 V8?

What do you see your bike fitting along side? smile.gif

I'd say the CBR600F is like a 2.5l Mondeo - Does everything well. Practical. Quick in the right hands. Its not the fastest or most exotic or the most expensive but its better than many other cars out there.

Mine is a CBR1000RR - I'd compare it to a Nissan Skyline. Performance to match almost anything...depending on the rider mostly. Not exactly exotic or expensive.

The analogy breaks down a bit with bikes because you get so much bang for your buck.... you have to look at image and cost. A Desmosedici RR for instance would be an Enzo....but it doesnt cost 30 times as much as a CBR600 like an enzo would compared to a Mondeo...

I think the Duke would beat an Enzo round the top gear track though (just)

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'd say the CBR600F is like a 2.5l Mondeo - Does everything well. Practical. Quick in the right hands. Its not the fastest or most exotic or the most expensive but its better than many other cars out there.

Mine is a CBR1000RR - I'd compare it to a Nissan Skyline. Performance to match almost anything...depending on the rider mostly. Not exactly exotic or expensive.

The analogy breaks down a bit with bikes because you get so much bang for your buck.... you have to look at image and cost. A Desmosedici RR for instance would be an Enzo....but it doesnt cost 30 times as much as a CBR600 like an enzo would compared to a Mondeo...

I think the Duke would beat an Enzo round the top gear track though (just)

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on Mort - My R1 (2005)is like an Evo x or similar in my mind. Tricky I guess as 99% of the bikes are Jap.

The gixxer 750 is generally well known for being the best handling sports bike and is also good in a straight line (0-100 tested at 5.9 seconds in Fast Bike). It is also gorgeous to look at so I would have to compare it to a 911 gt3. I would say that the Hayabuse is a Veyron and the R1 is a Pagani Zonda, as it has a great design.