Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
edo

Best discount on A5

33 posts in this topic

Also, long lead times increase the chances of customers switching brand. This is an A5 we're talking about, not a 100-run limited edition classic masterpiece 169144-ok.gif

(No offence to the A5 chaps of course!)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So true lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

took your time steaming in there as usual.... coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What does the truth hurt yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll let you know when you manage to post anything truthful or worthwhile... smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What have i posted that isnt truthful... i'm waiting.

I think I have made a few worthwhile posts also especially when people have been asking about available discounts etc...

You seem hung up on you know whats the best deal etc etc.. but as people have shown you before those massive discounts have and were available. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Also, long lead times increase the chances of customers switching brand. This is an A5 we're talking about, not a 100-run limited edition classic masterpiece 169144-ok.gif

(No offence to the A5 chaps of course!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, could happen.

From our contacts in Audi it seems clear that the product planners got the forecasts wrong for the A5/S5 which is the main reason (as well it being a very good car/range) for the lead times being longer than, for example, the BMW 3 series coupe.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Most of the dealers said that given the long lead times there was plainly no reason-in their professional opinion-to discount 77% of their profit margin for a car due in 6 months time. So again I'm saying that is great for Mark but from the dealer side show a level of hunger for a deal that is disproportionate to the majority of Audi dealers on that model.

[/ QUOTE ]

1% of 30,000 is £300. 300 quid is better than nothing.

Each sale increases likelihood of more after sales service and each sale pays 1 or more staff wages for the day.

Dealers snubbing away £300-600-900 or whatever are stupid and living in a dream world. Its a buyers market.

And for a sale which is as simple as "Hiya - I want this car in this colour with these options, and I'd like it avail for collection by sept - whats your best price?" any dealer not taking it seriously is really stoopid!!

IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

By and large I'd agree with those comments 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So true lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

took your time steaming in there as usual.... coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What does the truth hurt yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll let you know when you manage to post anything truthful or worthwhile... smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What have i posted that isnt truthful... i'm waiting.

I think I have made a few worthwhile posts also especially when people have been asking about available discounts etc...

You seem hung up on you know whats the best deal etc etc.. but as people have shown you before those massive discounts have and were available. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The word "truth" was yours, not mine, in reply to Ed's post.

I'm not "hung up" at all but when it is your business to know the facts and deal with them 6 days a week and 15 hours a day you get to know what is, and is not, really possible. There are the odd exceptions of course, but they are in a minority.

To that end I try to share the insider knowledge and information with TSN members-whereas you appear to chip in your say on the back of my input.

But hey we are never going to agree on anything so let's leave it there

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What you have misunderstood here is that the deal he has got is at clearly at odds with the overall situation and supply for the specific model he wanted.

Gareth 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not from where I'm sitting; The market is Flat and it's a "Buyers" market, dealers are scrambling for buyers, yes they will tell all and sundry "Business is booming, we are run off our feet"....... Yea right coffee.gif

I have always found great deals........ and always will, just by looking and looking and bargaining. 169144-ok.gif

Just my 2P.

iv just red this topic and as a tsn memeber who is is objective, i dont understand your grief ed at all..

Ed, wish you or your mate good luck with your deal, the fact is gareth doesnt have to give his insider knowledge to anyone. and everyone runs a business is run to make a profit.

secondly Gareth's customer service and expertise is renowned.

Im not jumping in to defend gareth as he dont need me but just think your argument is pants ed.