Help REALLY needed!!

Nelson_R32

I think I'm in love with someone, but I left it too late and now shes with someone else tongue.gif

Basically I've known this girl for years through someone else and we've always got on well. However last year she split up with her Boyfriend and it really shook her up and we talked ALLOT, In fact I have PAGES worth of email correspondence from last year.

Now, I'm NOT really a commitment person. Women cost time and money, so lets just say my relationships are usually short and sweet grin.gif

Now, I always really liked her and I think she maybe felt the same but I was never brave enough to make the move. And besides this was different, I actually really LIKED her. She is also the sister of someone I know quite well, so I was worried that it would make things difficult confused.gif

Anyway, to cut a long story short I've checked out her facebook page and now find she has a Boyfriend and for some reason this makes me INSANELY jealous and upset.

Now, you know when someone just looks like a prick? Thats the impression I get, I'm not suggesting he's a nasty piece of work. He just looks like a muppet sportifs2.gif I guess what I'm saying is I'm much better than that and why isn't it me.

So, what should I do? Pull this girl to one side when I next see her and tell her how I feel? Say I meant to tell her ages ago but I didn't know how to handle the situation?

Now, this could be the Corona talking, but help me, I think I'm in love pengy.gif

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt Chrispy, I was just building up the courage to tell her and then I find she's with someone else frown.gif

The only thing that worries me now is the fear of rejection as she's got someone else...the prick tongue.gifgrin.gif

Seriously though, I'm confident she would choose me over him, I'm just not sure how she'd react to a heartspill tongue.gif Only one way to find out I guess!

Why not continue your close friendship with her and see what you can find out about how she feels about this other guy. Be her confidante and be ready to smoothly moor alongside. Flirt with her and note how she reacts.

Her sixth sense will possibly alert her to your feelings but I wouldn't declare them just yet. Otherwise you are putting her on the spot and it's not usually so black & white for most women. Such drama can easily get a bit 18th Century!!

Flirt!!

I think the important thing for Nelson is HOW to best let her know how he feels. Go in too strong and serious and he's likely to frighten her away.

Nelson, you need to ask yourself whether you want a seriously long term relationship or not. Go for it but do so with a 'light' touch, at least at first.

Has she actually told you herself that she has a boyfriend or have you just read it on facebook. Maybe shes's just put it in there so she doesnt get hassled; i dont know, but you'd be a muppet of the furry kind if you didnt get in your car and go and see her and tell her how you feel. What have you got to lose? Worse she can say is no sorry, but she will always know that she will always have you as a good friend and that you might still be interested in her when she breaks up from the current guy ( if there is one).

Do IT

I found out on her facebook and she made no indication to me she had hooked up with someone frown.gif

She lives 60 miles away so it's hardly just down the road, which is why car is out of the question. Maybe I should give her a call and try and arrange a meet-up next weekend?

Believe me, I know the difference and these emotions are not due to jealousy grin.gif

I'm in a similar situation. I'm friends with a bloke who really is special to me, but i darent/wont tell him how i feel. He knows i fancy him, but he thinks its just a joke between us. I dont think he feels the same way, but saying that there is an undercurrent that makes me feel he doesnt see me as just an aqaintance(if that makes sense). Telling him how i feel is not an option, nor is inviting him for a random night out. I should point out that he is a lot younger than me in years, but not in mind. I really couldnt just say it. Sorry to hijack the thread

ETA.. he is single, he told me when he split from his most recent