• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this gone?

2006 56 Reg BMW 3 Series 3000 cc 335d M Sport Touring

Price:

£27,695

Features: 11,142 miles Automatic Blue Diesel Estate 3000 cc Full Description: Glossary of Terms

5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Diesel, 11,142 miles, Blue, ABS, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Leather Trim, Satellite Navigation, Alarm, Alloys, Balance of Manufacturers Warranty, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Front Fog Lights, Immobiliser, Split Folding Rear Seats, Sports Seats, Traction Control. £27,695 Vehicle features are as per manufacturer's specification. Please contact the dealer for more information

Trade Seller:

Arnold Clark Motorstore (Newcastle Under Lyme)

Dealer's Website: Go to website

Contact number: (0844) 8444120

[ QUOTE ]

Is this gone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I put a deposit down, over the weekend. Hopefully getting it this Saturday.

I've previously had the 184bhp 330d (quite disappointing, really) and the much better 218bhp X3. It was a close call between the 3 and the X3sd, but decided to have a change. I haven't had anything really rapid since my C32 AMG so can barely wait for the 335. I feel like a kid at Christmas! laugh.gif

Not too surprisingly, they weren't willing to negotiate the sticker price but gave me an excellent trade-in on my SEAT Altea. Given the low price the car was up at and the trade-in, it's come out as a win-win for me. I'm so glad that I didn't wait any longer for the salesman from Newcastle to call me, otherwise I'm sure the car would've sold by now.

It does beg the question though - if the car was in Scotland, why did the ad take you through to Arnold Clark in Newcastle?? Slightly odd but now, frankly I couldn't give a damn. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well went to london today and drove the 335i, to be honest i prefer the diesel. Sound is nice but is it worth how much extra it would cost if say i wanted to take the missus to cornwall for a long weekend.

Went to Elms BMW in cambs on way back to look at that 25k mile 335d and they recon they have traded a ferrari in against it and sold it for £31500.

I am seriously thinking about not bothering with BMW, apart from the guy in london i saw today all the other dealers have been totally arogant and disrespectful, i thought they had learned that just cause someone is young doesn't mean they can't afford to buy a car.

I am seriously considering a Audi A5 3.0TDI instead......

Matt

PS. I rang about that 27k car, Arnold Clarks, it doesn't exist. They said it was an error. Thought it was too good to be true. Cheapest i have seen with right spec is £29995.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 335d is on another planet performance wise compared with an A5 3.0tdi. Both are great cars but the Beemer is a lot faster (don't believe the stats).

I spoke to arnold clark again today, asked about 335d tourers and they came back with a 530d tourer, said we've found the car for you i said no you haven't.

Congrats on your purchase but after about 6 phonecalls over past two weeks they are the most incompetent dealer i have ever dealt with. I just hope you have put a deposit on the right car for your sake. i.e. could you imagine if it is a 325d and they made a mistake.

Matt

[ QUOTE ]

I spoke to arnold clark again today, asked about 335d tourers and they came back with a 530d tourer, said we've found the car for you i said no you haven't.

Congrats on your purchase but after about 6 phonecalls over past two weeks they are the most incompetent dealer i have ever dealt with. I just hope you have put a deposit on the right car for your sake. i.e. could you imagine if it is a 325d and they made a mistake.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a nightmare. Seeing as it has 2 tailpipes, I think I'm pretty safe! wink.gif (My finance guy also popped the reg. number into his computer and it came out as a 335)

Think i may well be going for a 330d tomorrow. 335d is just to far out my price range at the moment.

strangely enough my best mate is a sales manager with arnold clark and i asked him to have a look for me, but he never mentioned a 335d so cheap. the 330 on a 07 plate is more expensive smashfreakB.gif

BMW have a 335d similar spec to the arnold clark one that stovav bought for £28995. thing is bmw just will not budge on price, you try and tell them that arnold clark had one for £27700 and they give you the speal that "but yes sir you will be buying this one from a bmw dealer with all the checks done."

Am definately sorting car out tomorrow, its either gonna be the graphite grey 57plate one i like the look of or an A5! So different they are but its heart or brain! I have two cocker spaniels as well but they could go on the back seats!

Matt

[ QUOTE ]

BMW have a 335d similar spec to the arnold clark one that stovav bought for £28995. thing is bmw just will not budge on price, you try and tell them that arnold clark had one for £27700 and they give you the speal that " but yes sir you will be buying from a bmw dealer with all the checks done ."

Am definately sorting car out tomorrow, its either gonna be the graphite grey 57plate one i like the look of or an A5! So different they are but its heart or brain! I have two cocker spaniels as well but they could go on the back seats!

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Arnold clark own fairbairn's bmw so that is maybe where the car came from that was at motherwell. 169144-ok.gif

Have a look around there is always someone looking to do a deal.

The A5 is crap in comparison, seriously, someone we know bought one about 3 months ago after 5 BMW's on the trot and was raving about it for the first 2 weeks, then things started to niggle him, he has just sold it and bought a 330d coupe, picked it up last week, I've not seen him but he left a message to say it only took the 60 mile trip home to realise he had done the right thing!!

cheers gizze, i think the bmw is gonna have to be the one due to the dogs. i think once the novelty wears off i will get very annoyed at having to use the van to take the dogs anywhere and/or put them on the back seats of the audi. I take the dogs to work everyday as well so will be a double nightmare in the morning.

Matt

Right bought one! At last!

BMW 335d M Sport Tourer, Sparkling Graphite Grey with Black Leather. Nav, Bluetooth, xenons and other toys... 57 plate with 6k miles

was up at £36k got it got £34812.50 with the tax. Was nightmare trying to do a deal. BMW sales managers just try and wave the price they paid for the car under your nose all the while. But i wanted that car and more importantly the engine.

All being well it should be delivered on Saturday if i can get the payment through quick enough!

Matt

Ps. Thanks for all your help guys