Golf MkV ED30 GTI

martininwillerby

In reality, there's very little that separates the ED30 to the GTI. Ok, not so exclusive as most had originally imagined, but I bet there's not an ED30 owner out there thinking about changing due to the fact that thir choice of GTI isn't exclusive as they had once thought 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I did not buy mine on the basis it was exclusive rather because it happened to be sitting outside the dealers when I went to test drive TDIs grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lke it; go shopping for sooty chuckers, come out with 230-ponied GTI 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

I have also posted on the same forum over the proposed 1500 Ed30's for the uk.When i ordered mine in December i did so thinking, that it was one of 1500,indeed my dealer was amazed that that we could still place an order.

It was last month that i found out that indeed you could still order the Ed30 and vw uk were saying they never said otherwise.This was news to me and also to my dealer and by all accounts quite a few other Ed30 owners.

My issues concerning vw uk's lack of transparency on this matter is still ongoing.

In someways it has worked to my advantage as i have been able to secure a hefty discount on what i had already negotiated when i placed my order.I did think about walking away and was given that option,but did not as i know i am getting a car thats going to give me alot of fun.

I have to give my dealer a big 169144-ok.gif in all this as they have been more than helpful.However i am less than happy with vw uk in all this and i am keenly waiting a response from product marketing, as i am lead to believe they maybe writing a statement regarding the overall issues regarding the Ed30.. ha.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I bought mine because I couldn't think of a better all round alternative - oh and it's quicker than a 200hp GTi!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Only just wink.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....And, depending on who is driving, I doubt if a standard Ed30 is quicker than my modded GTI grin.gif.

I would have bought an Ed30 if it was an option in 2005 - Great car 169144-ok.gif.

Let's not forget that VW never said it was a LIMITED edition but that it's called EDITION 30 to mark 30 years of a great tradition.

[ QUOTE ]

iirc the 'GT' golf models and the like out sell both GTIs in large numbers, so I think both will remain relatively rare anyway.

I hardly ever see either on the roads, its mostly GT TDIs

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. In Scotland I see more GT's than any other VW. There's only a handful of GTI's here in Edinburgh, though. 169144-ok.gif

I bought mine because the ex demo R32 I went to see was sold, dont like the standard GTI rear bumper so went for the already built Ed30, the dealer however wasn't honest, he said they'd sold their allocation (may be the original allocation) and that production was about to stop, if I'd known I'd have ordered a slightly different spec, still a great car though.

[ QUOTE ]

dont like the standard GTI rear bumper

[/ QUOTE ]

....I particularly dislike the standard GTI black plastic rear bumper! Makes it look like a Ford Ka!!

My intense dislike of the black plastic rear is what prompted me to change my rear valance. That and the opportunity for OTT quad Millteks. I'm about to change it again and will post accordingly soon.

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm Glaswegian..and i love to spend. Hence the 30k R32 tongue.gifthe_finger.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but he lives in the affluent south now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Na, if he lived in the south the car would be pink, not dbp. And it would be covered in soft southern fairys. wink.gif

In my opinion the best feature of the Edition 30 is that it has the uprated engine from the S3. The ED30 GTi Golf when chipped becomes a very very fast hatch.

I have owned 2 MKv GTis and one ED30. I prefer the look of the normal GTi to the ED 30. But the ED 30 with a chip and no other performance mods is a totally different animal.