[Audi A3/S3] Bose logo on startup

Sparky

• 2 weeks later...

On the old shape A3/S3's the GALA function was disabled for BOSE but its definately enabled on my BOSE'd-up new shape A3. Something must have changed between the models.

Both old and new A3's i've had with BOSE have displayed 'bose' on startup, though i rememember that this was certainly configurable on the head unit somehow as some ppl were enabling it and passing off non-bose cars as bose cars to lesser diligent buyers!

Dont know if this helps too much, though smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Gala definitely worked on my old shape S3 Bose system. (Concert)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 99% sure Gala worked on my 2000 Bose 8L S3 with Symphony.

[ QUOTE ]

And it works on my Concert II in the A4 (B6) - Also Bose...

[/ QUOTE ]

What year is your B6 A4? My 2003 S4 had Bose and Gala, but my 2004 S4 had Bose but no Gala because it was the Bose AudioPilot system.

[ QUOTE ]

My A4 is a early 2003 car (2003 Spec). (And it still comes up with Bose on the display on start up.)

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have the pre-AudioPilot Bose which still has Gala.

[ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that the AudioPilot system uses a microphone instead of the Speed pulse information to adjust the volume automatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

But it doesn't just adjust the volume, it adjusts the frequency response too so that it only increases the volume of frequencies that need to be louder to be heard above the engine noise and road noise (that's the big plus of AudioPilot - if you go over a rough road at a steady speed AudioPilot makes the music louder, but the older Bose can't do that because it's only speed related).

[ QUOTE ]

I've got Bose in my S3 - should the head unit display "Bose" when I turn it on?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one I feel that I can answer fully now 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

I had a 'Symphony II+' fitted today (the one with no cassette) and it's configured for Bose but doesn't display Bose on switch on. I've read the manual and it does mention Bose in the GALA section. It says to switch to Auto if your car has Bose. Simple as that.

So I've lost my Bose on start up (had a Symphony II before) frown.gif But gained CD text and MP3 playback! laugh.gif

BUB 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't have Nav, and there's no logo either crazy.gif

Gala does have an effect, the interior mic doesn't appear to do anything to the volume.

Still sounds really good and better than non Bose, so a tad confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say the Sym II+ seems to sound better than my old unit too 169144-ok.gif