piercing tone coming form eos when on

gb110430

High pitched sound coming from eos when engine turned on, its not very loud but it pierces your ears.

Its just started this evening and cannot work out what it is???

please help>>>......

its not radio as its still there when radio switched off and goe soff when engine switched off???

Iv been offered maintenance from VW as 32 pound a month without tyres which is annoying as im doing 18k a year. the dealer wont send out info unless i take it out which is weird, do people here recommend the maintenance plan???

cheers

Can't help with the noise but I have had a service contract with Tyres on my Anni Golf which runs 18" tyres. In the 3 years I had the contract I covered my costs in tyres alone so I was quite happy with that. My Wife has an 06 passat with the service contract on it also. This car covers less miles but is on time distance servicing. From calculating it out I will break even on this deal. The best part of it for me is not having any nasty surprises when servicing. If you ring VW finance department they will send you a full quote and all the backing info.

AnniBooster

I have the maintenance plan and have an EOS individual. Mine is also with tyres as I have 18" Chicargo wheels and the tyres are the same as on my old R32. The cost to have a tyre replaced was over £200 so I included this. It also covers the clutch and that cost me £1300 on the R32.

About the noise I have not had this but post it on www.vweosclub.com and you might get a reply as the forum is dedicated to the EOS.

Good Luck

Kevin.

• 2 weeks later...