Diesel engine:

2.0 TDI 140bhp 320nm 0-62 9.3 secs 52mpg

Dimensions:

L 2.60m W 1.81m H 1.40m

Options:

7 speed DSG

Glass roof

Adaptive Suspension

Sad to say but its not doing anything for me. Im still not sure of that cheezy look at the front and large apillar raparound. Interior nothing startling just eos and two rear seats. Only thing interests me at the moment is the dynaudio system label on the speaker grill lol.

I wait to make judgment in real life.

[ QUOTE ]

Dimensions:

L 2.60m W 1.81m H 1.40m

[/ QUOTE ]

I think for L you are probably quoting wheelbase as I think this figure is what the Golf has? I'd suspect length would be more like 4.256m long similar to the Golf 5 (a few cm longer).

I bet for launch in the UK we only see a 2l petrol with 200brake, the other engines wont be until year end frown.gif

The looks are growing on me but I think I dislike the large lower grill at the front - a bit Peugeot-ish for my liking. The rest looks smart if perhaps a little uninspiring for a coupe. Didn't really expect anything revolutionary from VW though.

I read in this week's Auto Express that the VW badge placed on the bonnet was inspired by the very first sciroccos which featured this???? Can't recall those at all.

I think it will be a success though - a versatile car that you could comfortably turn up in at a funeral or wedding as you could at the track day or business client meeting.

Neither the Mk1 or Mk2 Shitrocket had the badge on the bonnet - I've got one in the garage 169144-ok.gif

IIRC, the only VW's that had them on the bonnet were the Beetle and Type 4 (predecessor to the Passat and fugly).

Damn, damn and bugger. It's growing on me as well. A decent electric blue, I reckon, with 19" BBS wheels.

Oh, and a quad tailpipe Milltek tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Neither the Mk1 or Mk2 Shitrocket had the badge on the bonnet - I've got one in the garage 169144-ok.gif

IIRC, the only VW's that had them on the bonnet were the Beetle and Type 4 (predecessor to the Passat and fugly).

Damn, damn and bugger. It's growing on me as well. A decent electric blue, I reckon, with 19" BBS wheels.

Oh, and a quad tailpipe Milltek tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell RedRobin...it looks like it's got DRL's fitted as OEM?! shocked.gif