GtR vs all rivals - full written review

Woppum

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be a bit cheeky here but....

You have to be mad to buy a new M3 over the GT-R. It's a monster by all accounts , and it's coming to a street near you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know i love the nissan scott but im not sure I agree when looking at the video for the reasons I mentioned in the other thread:

-the M3 is more fun on the track - IMVHO the M3 isnt a touch on the CSL and that is going to be my benchmark no matter what sadly. No doubt the Nissan will run rings round the CSL but id bet money on the fact it wont be as much fun.

- they couldnt make the car loose grip on the road, only the size seemed to slow them down. Id like it the other way round to be honest.

- it seems to be very hard to get the nissan out of shape. no doubt the 4wd system is very accomplished but i bet there is little chance of power oversteer wheel catching heroics which although i may be not the best at, am very partial too.

- the M3 was the best sounding of the bunch. hmmmnn. I thought it made a great noise but was very very restrained. turbo engines are always like this but alays had a glimmer of hope the nissan would defy earthly laws yet again.

- the size and eight of the thing. 1.8 tones and s-class size. need i say more!

I love the idea of a fast nissan. I think it looks great and its stats are incredible. But there is alot still putting me of keeping it.

I think ill still do it. My brother has indicated he might want it if i dont, and as im one of the first may take the risk in order to run back to back with the csl for a couple of weeks then sell the looser...

Of course if a csl is announced i may well save my money!

[ QUOTE ]

I think ill still do it. My brother has indicated he might want it if i dont, and as im one of the first may take the risk in order to run back to back with the csl for a couple of weeks then sell the looser...

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know where you are on the waiting list?

I'm off to Geneva on Thursday to have a look but here's my problem.

My Atom arrives in 6 weeks ( the full monty ) and i just can't see where i'm going to use the GT_R.

I doubt i'll track it much and even though i live on the doorstep of some of the best roads in the uk i've noticed lately that the police are everywhere trying to catch drivers.

I'm planning to do alot more driving in Europe but in all honesty thats only going to be 2 trips per year.

The car is going to be £60000 when it arrives and i would much prefer a 997 GT3 as another weekend car over the GT-R.

So do i put £3500 on a deposit or take the gamble that i could pick up a mint GT3/RS for £60000-£69000 in 09 ?

Scott

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know where you are on the waiting list?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do I know what?

I think im on the waiting list at a London dealership. Fleet are dealing with it and think they will get a discount...?

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

Its not half a wow car, but I am 99% sure now I wont be changing. Just dont think it will be fun enough. Besides I like the idea of a CSL-GTR more! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that why you are trying to sell "your" place on the waiting list for a £1k premium then?

p.s. you won't be able to do that at all if your order is really confirmed and paid by the way....

not 1k premium, getting the 1k initial deposit back. I have got offers to take the order off my hands but not sure i want to do it. suppose i will have to decide come monday or just pay the second 3.5k deposit.... I suppose i can always get my money back?