Audi UK Complaint - Who to write to?

UBM

No need to swap the iPods - just set up playlists as above and it'll be fine. If I get chance tomorrow I'll post a screenshot of how mine is set up. You can set up a playlist with everything if you like. :)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, here's my setup. The first picture shows all my playlists. You'll see the load of "@car" ones floating at the top of the list so they're the ones that will get assigned to the changer buttons. The second picture shows my pop playlist which combines 3 genres of poppy stuff into one playlist. The third picture shows my car pop playlist which selects songs from the pop playlist that haven't been played recently and aren't short intro tracks. You could do the same sort of thing with any genre, or audiobooks, or podcasts etc.

You have to do that sort of 2-playlist approach since you can't combine and/or operations in a single playlist (so it's impossible to say you want a playlist containing songs from any of 3 genres that are also longer than 1 minute - this is the daftest feature of iTunes, IMHO).

Hope that helps!

post-27192-137914432138_thumb.jpg

post-27192-137914432139_thumb.jpg

post-27192-13791443214_thumb.jpg

Thanks alFR

Created playlist named @car and have put 10 audio books into it which are from same series and sound system has quite happily played through it. Does the length of the one playlist make any difference as noticed that it started playing on CD7 and as I came back from York is was playing on CD12.

Think I will have to have a play around with it. But am glad not to have to change ipod.

Will arrange ipod playlist so that first six contain lots of books (which is what I listen most to) only drawback seems to be that you have to spend a lot of time flicking through chapters as it does not list when it is onto another book. Which isn't too bad as have multifunction steering wheel.

Thanks for advice

Well it was yet another cold and wet Bank holiday Monday.....so I spent the afternoon browsing the Internet....and believe it or not I read this entire thread as I became hooked and the trials and tribulations of Jennit and her dud motor.....but have I missed something???.....as I could find no reference to Jennit being offered a new car by Audi.....All the discussions seemed to revolve around finding a suitable used replacement...I`v made the assumption it`s new because of the 09 plate.Absolutely love the colour+++......I don`t like Missano red or the standard Audi base red....but Garnet red...looks fab...There`s a guy local to me who has an A5 in Garnet red and it to looks stunning.If my next car`s an Audi I will definitely consider this colour....however I was thinking about getting an S3 and this colour is not an option:(:(.....and I`am not paying £1,600 for an exclusive paint job.Not so keen on the inlays but hey; each to their own....sorry:o

Back on topic...I think I`v been very lucky because I`v never had a major problem in 23yrs of motoring and the minor issues I`v had have all been sorted without any hassle...Talbot;Ford,Renault;Toyota+3;Lexus;Audi...oh and an old Land Rover Defender...which is still going strong...infact it`s never missed a beat....My local Audi dealer on Anglesey have been great and when I had to have a leaky door seal replaced under warranty they replaced all the interior carpets as well, as they`d had a good soaking...no quibles...they just did it without question....I don`t want to tempt fate but the service I`v had from Pentraeth Automotive(Anglesey) has been much better than even Toyota or Lexus....and their alloy wheels that corrode after 6 months...2 warranty replacements/1 refurbishment.....and then I had to pay half the cost of another refurbishment when out of warranty....Loved the car(Lexus IS200...I know it`s hated on this forum;))...but the wheels:ffs:

On reflection: the inlays are`t too bad.....they sort of match the exterior colour.....Anyway excellent result in the end....just a pity about all the hassle,grief,wasted time and cost.....but would you buy another Audi after this experience Jennit???....I`v done 45k in four yrs and apart from a leaky door seal it`s been perfect...no creaks;no rattles...in-fact it`s been boringly reliable....A3 s-line 2 litre fsi turbo petrol DSG

Edited by Mr Man

Glad you like the car, Mr Man. Your right, most of the original discussion was to do with simply exchanging the blue car for a red one - I even gave Audi the option way back in Oct 2008, having found a car that would be acceptable. They basically told me to go away and sort it out myself with Reading Audi - which is not why I first contacted Audi Uk.

The final result was the meeting with a director and area manager in January - fortunately, I had all documentation and photos that showed all the problems and hassles I had with the Sheffield dealer I had gone through. The upshot was that they finally realised just how serious and damaging the situation was and consequently have done the decent thing and offered the resolution of a new car. We did look at other suggestions but none of them were really acceptable - including them offering (again) to exchange the car for a red one. After I had (politely) pointed out that I had already given them this option and they had not been bothered about following it through, they decided to go for new option.

I love the car - have driven VW's for 20 odd years and was in position to go for something that I wanted rather than what I could afford and decided to move up to the A3. Have had 6 courtesy cars (5 of them A3's) and have found them all a good drive. The new one has been built to my specs and is very nippy and great fun to drive. And, yes, I would go the Audi route again as cannot fault Derby Audi service - they were wonderful.

As you say, just a great shame that one dealer should behave the way they did over a four month period and yet another can get it absolutely right from the beginning. Think the first car that started all the problems was possibly a 'Friday' car. At least things have been sorted out and I have what I set out to buy - a car that gives me a real buzz and that I look at and it makes my heart beat that little bit faster. An A3 Sport (a compromise against the S-line I had but in fact is a nicer ride) 2.0l TDi DSG in a colour I originally specified with sun roof, Bose, heated seats, leather/alcantara interior/parking sensors, interior light pack and i-pod connector - and, of course, the walnut inlays (much nicer than aluminium)

Edited by Jennit

• 3 weeks later...

WOW what a great read - not being funny or anything. It's really good to see someone get what they should really rather than getting stuffed over whilst being expected to pay for the privilege too.... the *******

I like the way that persistence pays off, just entering a dispute with the very same Derby Audi just now "I know Derby sorted out someone elses mess" after purchasing a used A4 with a couple of issues that were supposed to be sorted prior to purchase but were not done, finally had the work done but the amount of scratches and gouges in the paintwork is unbelievable - I'm fighting with them on this, I'm shocked at a premium car seller causing the damage of a rundown back street garage.

But again congratulations on your feat, nice motor by the way. :)

Thanks, Jamie

Sorry to hear about your problems with Derby Audi - my problems were with Peter Gilder Audi in Sheffield and then Audi UK itself.

I can only say that I have had nothing but professional, pleasant and courteous service from Derby Audi through all this and will certainly be returning for any services. As I have said before, will never darken Sheffield Audi's doorstep.

i hope you get things sorted but keep us posted. If it hadn't been for the support from others on this site, I'm not sure how things would have gone - would probably still have been as persistent as i was, but who knows. Think whole thing would have been harder and more frustrating.

• 1 month later...

I have been having a nightmare with Stockport Audi / Audi finance (who provide the warranty) trying to get them to fix the MMI screen on my W12 (not popping up right) under the 5 year warranty and service program.

Stockport audi are known for being poor but the lack of contact and communication is just beyond a joke. Its such a shame brilliant cars let down by very poor dealership support IMO.

Tried going direct to Audi Finance - impossible to get through to them on the phone last attempt 31 minutes call waiting. Fired off an email to that Jeremy Hicks and the customer service email address. Anyone got any other addresses or numbers I can try ?

I am sorry I have had to resort to this I am sure you are a very busy man but I have had horrendous problems with Stockport Audi and Audi Finance in Regards to my W12 A8.

In short the MMI screen is not functioning correctly, it does not pop up out of the dash. There is an issue with the motor or brackets supporting it.

The car has the 5 year Audi service and maintenance warranty which has just under a year left to run.

I have been trying to get a fault repaired for several months. The dealership is not returning my calls and the last contact I had stated that the warranty company will not fix the fault as they are classing it as part of the entertainment system.

However the warranty manual states that instruments are covered and the mmi screen and systems are required to control many of the cars functions. Therefore I would class the MMI screen and operation as part of the instrument cluster; it’s hard to see how it could be viewed otherwise.

The self closing door mechanism doesn’t work on the drivers door either, the motor is faulty I have been told by the dealership. They have not provided a reason for why this repair will not be undertaken.

I am at my wits end with Stockport Audi. It took a month to get the car booked in for this fault originally and no progress has been made at all in the following months, no contact no communication. The functionality of the vehicle is severely limited without access to the MMI control screen.

I tried to ring Audi finance direct to find out why they will not repair the fault under the warranty but the number I was provided 0870 333 2226 left me in call waiting for over half an hour at which point I gave up.

I suggest you give it a try and see if you can get through (Called 27/07/09 - 1.30pm call waiting 31 minutes!)

This is the second A8 I have owned both serviced by Stockport Audi they are wonderful cars but unfortunately your customer service has let me down time and again.

This is not what I expect for my loyalty to a premium brand and manufacturer, I am at the stage where I will be forced to take the matter to small claims court to get satisfaction - Hardly acceptable for a car that cost over £90,000 4 years ago and has done 40,000 miles.

I would appreciate you thoughts on this matter.

Have you tried the usuals like your local CAB office?

It should at the very least kick them up the rear end fingers crossed

Also have you tried another dealership? I originally come from Manc (Didsbury) and usually always deal with cars and what not there however, like yourself, I had heard so many horror stories about Stockport Audi that I decided to go somewhat local this time round.

I think all VAG car dealerships around that area seem to be bad... a while back, a golf I got brand new from ian skelly in stockport(ish) also had the same service as you have had from Audi!

It might be time to state your rights in a letter giving them a number of days (14 usually) to resolve this otherwise you will need to take it further - your extra warranty does give you a lot of help and additional rights etc but at 40,000, you've barely run the car in

Problem is Lancaster Audi is not meant to be much better but I might give them a go.

My plan was just to pay to have the work done then take them to small claims court. I dont think it will stand up to scrutiny at the end of the day. But Stockport have not even bothered to get back to me with a price !

Edited by alera

I have heard, thats a real hike for me but in this instance probably worth it. I might take it up there and have a word, they can have my business if they can sort it out. I have also heard chester are good but its an 80 mile round trip....

Seriously though the customer service experience thus far is so bad it makes my eyes bleed.

• 6 months later...

I've looked through the various postings before and can't seem to spot the postal address for where the best place to send a complaint letter to audi is -

in summary

audi a4 cab s line 07 plate

purchased from stafford june 09

6 trips to derby audi to fix the bluetooth phone system which when going over 30mph people cannot hear me - this is with the roof on not off!

also incidental of new clutch and flywheel

its now back at stafford for trip no 7

they've tried to convince me that i may just have to accept the phone as it is - i'm sure that under the sale of good act its not fit for purpose -

any ideas?

also the best place to put the complaint letter to....

all ideas gratefully received

asw

• 2 weeks later...

Postal address for HQ:-

AUDI (UK) Limited,

Yeomans Drive,

Blakelands,

Milton Keynes,

MK14 5AN

Telephone:-

01908 679121 (there is a low call number but I cannot remember that on off the top of my head).

Summary of initial responce:-

Not our problem, the problem is between you and the retailer and we cannot get involved. Sorry you have problems with your Audi, but perhaps we suggest you write to someone who cares.

(appologies - I just feel Audi do not understand customer care at all).

(appologies - I just feel Audi do not understand customer care at all).

I'd agree with that assessment 100%. Audi UK told me they don't have control of their franchisees, and no influence on them (yeah, right). In my case, it was only when Autocar contacted Audi UK for their side of a piece they were thinking of running that they suddenly woke up and offered a "goodwill gesture."