Audi UK Complaint - Who to write to?

UBM

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi ubm hope you have a satisfactory result,complacency seems ubiquitous in the audi network,my bro was friendly with former audi salesman--he said they didnt have to chase up contacts because the cars sold themselves, and he never chased after customers even when given business cards .

[ QUOTE ]

problem is the motor trade is full of em

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately true. I phoned up a Maser main agent a few weeks ago and said I was interested in getting back into a Coupe. He said he would look around and phone back.....I presume he meant next year. jump.gif

Couple of thought relevant to points covered in this thread.

Garcon and Mac are completely correct, dealer care in Jap cars is simply superb. Best service I ever had was when I had a second-hand Honda Prelude VTEC that I hadn't even bought from the Honda dealer that looked after it for me. They were amazing. When I finally got rid of the car I took in a bottle of something nice for the service guy who had looked after me. But the cars simply are not as nice. If you appreciate real quality ambience in a car it just isn't there. Cheap feeling plastic, lots of road noise, uncomfortable seats, tacky dash graphics. The cars just have no class at all to them. I desperately wanted to buy another Honda just to continue the service relationship but couldn't find a nice one. I even looked at a Lexus once (IS200) but they're just tacky inside. If ever the Japs do finally master this then the Germans will finally have a problem.

I also believe that service guys, customer service etc do respond very much to how you treat them. They're all human at the end of the day. I know guys who are always whinging on about how customer service of their XYZ (whatever it is, not just cars) is rubbish. Then they switch brands and it's still rubbish. And eventually you have to conclude that maybe it isn't all these service departments, it's them. I had a load of hassle with a brand new Audi Cabrio four years ago. I was nothing but utterly polite and understanding, but didn't take any crap either. I had a much better spec Audi Cabrio loan car (which they got specially for me from another dealer) so I wouldn't be "short changed", and ultimately when the problem persisted I had the entire car changed (at 8 months old) for a brand new one. But you have to treat people right to be treated right sometimes. Stamping and shouting and demanding your rights (however much you might be in the right) just causes people to fold their arms and dig their feet in. Always better to have these guys onside if you can (not saying that's the case in any of the examples above, but it does happen).

Finally, on the new car front, I've recently witnessed the bizarre phenomenon of car salesmen seeming not to want to sell cars. I recently test drove a new car from a "quality German" dealership. Liked it very much indeed. Told the sales guy that I'd have one, told him there'd be no p/x, that I'd work out the spec and he could quote me his best deal. Also that I'd be asking another dealer to do the same and would go with the best deal. I worked out exactly what I wanted (very high spec, options came to virtually 1/2 the base price of the car!). Dropped the spec in (chap was on day off), phoned him the next day to make sure he had it. Yup, no probs, would come back to me with his best price. And that's the last I ever heard of him (a couple of weeks ago!!) Since ordered the car elsewhere. Genuinely bizarre. crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Finally, on the new car front, I've recently witnessed the bizarre phenomenon of car salesmen seeming not to want to sell cars. I recently test drove a new car from a "quality German" dealership. Liked it very much indeed. Told the sales guy that I'd have one, told him there'd be no p/x, that I'd work out the spec and he could quote me his best deal. Also that I'd be asking another dealer to do the same and would go with the best deal. I worked out exactly what I wanted (very high spec, options came to virtually 1/2 the base price of the car!). Dropped the spec in (chap was on day off), phoned him the next day to make sure he had it. Yup, no probs, would come back to me with his best price. And that's the last I ever heard of him (a couple of weeks ago!!) Since ordered the car elsewhere. Genuinely bizarre. crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hundreds of dealers are like that these days, in fact it is more the norm than them wanting to actually sell something.

Maybe the nice showrooms mean they get a lot more people just looking these days and they don't take people seriously?