Are all BMW service departments this unhelpful?

Merlot

Dropped into my local dealer today with a minor problem on my 535d. I asked if they could have a quick look but they were too busy - ok - so I asked to book it in. However, as I didn't buy it from them they wouldn't do a pick up or provide a loan car (even at a charge).

Are all BMW dealers like this as I've never had this problem with Audi or Land Rover? Funnily enough I tried to buy the car from them but they wouldn't take my px, even though it was a fresh BMW.

Some are, some aren't.

I've stopped going to Sytner High Wycombe for example, because they're downright unhelpful and have blatantly fibbed to me.

Instead I travel 40 miles to North Oxford, who are very helpful and have looked after me and my cars very well for a what is now a long time.

[ QUOTE ]

Merlot - I've never heard of this - they actually said "no loan or collection as you didnt buy from us"? That is pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did. Indeed the other local dealer (different owners) said no collection but I could have loan car for a charge. I pushed them - its 535d not a 116i - and then they offered the former but with no grace. sportifs2.gif

I've never had any problem with booking services/warranty work at my local BMW/MINI dealer; that covers company cars, lease cars, cars bought from them or cars bought elsewhere. Collect/Deliver (we only live around 6 miles from them) or courtesy cars always available with a bit of notice.

Peter

My local dealer is Coopers Maidstone (11 miles away), but their sales staff are SO arrogant, I bought from Broadoak Canterbury (23 miles away).

They will collect/return within a week of booking, send a text the day before to remind you of appointment and are prompt and responsive when asking questions. They have Wifi, free tea/coffee/cakes in the waiting area... just great!

Dealers, no matter the marque make the brand, not the badge.

• 2 weeks later...
grin.gif I'd like to say that Sytner Sunningdale's service/loan car was faultless - got a 3 miles old Cooper Clubman with a full tank, a call and apology when they realised my car would need an overnight stay and then another call giving me plenty of time to go collect it on Thursday - car had the fault resolved and cleaned inside and out, great work 169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...

Hows this for "POOR SERVICE", booked the 635 DS into Norwich Cooper BMW, for the rear disks to be checked/replaced under warranty. They kept me hanging around for the best part of two hours with the car not even looked at, then said and quote; "drive the car harder on the brakes and the scoring will clean up":mad:

Phoned me later to offer new disks but I would have to pay £106+vat for Pads:eek: as the car has done 5K miles on them :roflmao:hows that for contradition; disks of course have NOT done 5K then???????????????

After two days had the cheek to ring me and give them a rateing on there performance and would I care to use them again:ffs:

Neadless to say..................................... :assfecking:You Norwich.

Going to Ipswich for the job to be done friday

• 2 weeks later...
Havn't spoken for a while John. How's the car running apart from that?

Cars Great; really impressed with it, Sat-Nav when off twice the other day!!:confused:, I have put the original BMW disk back in now.

Cooper Ipswich changed the rear disks and pads:D for free. Graet bunch.+++

I think this Car will stay till next May.