The new VW Scirocco....

RedRobin

Well I saw two cars in the showroom on Friday (didn't have time for a drive), one in Silver and one in Red. Here are my impressions:

- The silver one looks quite cheap at the front with all the black plastic, I feel it blends in more with the red. The silver car does look fine at the back.

- I think the best angle to view the car is right at the corner at the front of it, it has a lot of presence imo

- Driving position is good and the front seats are comfy, the rear view mirror isn't too great though

- Dashboard has a great layout. I think the Eos dash is an improvement on the Mk5 Golf and it's basically the same in here

- Leather seats worth the upgrade

- A lot of cheap plastics in the lower half of the dash and the trim around the boot let the side down a lot

- Boot is quite small and not very deep, however for a couple I suppose it is respectable

- The cabin does feel small, but I think that's a good thing as it is more "cosy" so to speak. The rear leg room is good for a Coupe - the only annoying thing about the rear seats was that they weren't very comfortable

- Having no rear boot release could be a pain in the neck, especially in the rain

Overall I'm impressed, it's as good as I thought it would be in the flesh. Only a few negative points as listed. Hopefully get one out for a test drive

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic