GT5 prologue and PS3

330dcoupe

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The official date for the release of GT5 Prologue is the 28th if I remember correctly.

This is just the tip of the ice-berg, wait until the full GT5 game is out..... I think this will be a good boost for PlayStation3 sales including LittleBigPlanet, PlayStation Home, PlayTV, Metal Gear Solid etc.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Riz,

You've just confirmed what I thought - is it more like GT 4.5??

The wife said that the graphics looked good - so I must be on for a PS3 now?!?

The ad we saw had the Tesco logo in the top corner. Think I'll wait for GT5 proper though.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes its a slice of cake... something to keep us going until the full title is finished..... I wouldnt call it a demon as there is alot on offer (played the Jap version a few months ago)

Yes the graphics are nice and crisp, realistic engine notes, in-car dash view, full online play with GT-TV.

I would deffo consider the PlayStation3 but not just as a games machine, its does a brill job with movies and music too, more like a all in on solution.

PlayTV is a twin-tuner freeview module which is due sometime soon, allows you to record just like a PVR onto your PlayStation3 HDD etc, also allows you to move your recorded contect to other devices (no copy protection) in its native MPEG2 format. One of the key features is that it will upscale all of its feed, ensuring crisp picture quality just like it does when upscaling dvd movies.

I dont think that Sony are going to be charging the full amount for GT5 Prologue, I would estimate between £18-33 for the title.

I wouldnt hold out for the full GT5 games as the wait will just be too long..... I would say another year.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

Gran turismo is an always will be a Playstation exclusive and GT5 is PS3 i cant see them ever retro releasing a GT game as they are the pinnacle of what a console can do and theyve always focused on the best hardware and software that they can work with and that will always be the next gen

I'm off snowboarding on 29th. Tempted to preorder GT5 prologue and take the 28th off work - or will I just be torturing myself when I have to say bye bye?

I think, with 16(?) player races online we could have some serious TsN racing. Could also do some cool YouTube antics too, I'm sure.

[ QUOTE ]

correct me if im worng but isnt the prologue just a glorified demo? Isnt it just worth waiting for the real game?

[/ QUOTE ]No alot of people assume that prologue is just a demo, I had the GT4 prologue for the PS2 and it was more of a 1st base stepping stone to the full title, you complete the different races and gain points and cars, when you bought the GT4 then these were transfered over into the full game.

I would say GT5 Prologue is alot more compared to what GT4 prologue was, GT4 prologue was a taster to GT4 but wasnt long enough and did seem abit like a demo.

Having played GT5 prologue already I personally think its worth getting for the £20 they are asking. It fills the gap nicely until GT5 is out.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

* Update.

Apparently it will be available to download on PSN (approx size is 2gb) without any movies, you can download individual movies via GT:TV

Pre-orders for GT5 Prologue have already surpassed the 1 million mark shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Also in game chat and private races are in the working, will be a downloadable update....

GT5 Prologue also features the Ferrari F40 and the F1 2007 car.... jump.gif

Riz ECLIPSe.gif

My local Asda is having its delivery 1030pm.... fingers crossed they have GT5 Prologue stock on it... but its looking unlikely that I can get my hands on a copy until tomorrow as they guy who used to work there has left.... used to let me have them night before frown.gif

Riz pengy.gif