Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheEdge

New Tyres (Are VW dealers any good?)

15 posts in this topic

Hello all

Has ayone had any good experiences of having new tyres fitted at a VW dealership reason being I had mine fitted by Costcos last time on 4 michelins but the tracking was out etc and had the VW dealers reset it!! do the dealers do good prices on 4 new tyres Continental, Dunlop Michelin etc? looking at replacing all 4 sometime this year just wondered how good prices were?

thanks all

When I went to VW to get a new dunlop put on, they refused to get the tyre in as they said that the R32 no longer came with these tyres, and therfore had cancelled there supply to the dealership?!?!

vw will be poor at getting a good price. you would be better off going to the usual supects.

Why the feck would you buy tyres from a car dealer? Even if you use Kwik Fit or someone like that, you'll pay a shed load less than you would from a VW dealer.

And any reference to muppet tyre fitters at Kwik Fit compared to your VW dealer? Yeah right...

exactly! Im getting a new set of cups fitted at ATS tom morning. Almost half the price of BMW!!!

Definatly dont go to VW. My car went in for a check, and they noticed i had 2 front tyres needing a change.

They quoted me 147 each.

Was recomended etyres by someone on the R32OC, so i quoted them online, and they were only 113 eah for the dunlops maxx.

I booked them on friday and they came this afternoon and fitted!. Cant recomemend them enough!! great service and price to match!!

+1 on not using your dealer for tyres.

sparkzz, do you like the Dunlop SportMaxx? I thought they were cr@p and replaced them with F1 Asymmetrics, which I got for £113 each

TBH i have only had my R 4 weeks or so, and its been raining most of the time so havent had chance to get to know the car. I was going to put something else on, but the backs look almost new, so i didnt want to put different tyres on. So i stuck with what is on there. Thats the only reason, They not very good then? suicide.gif

I can understand your rationale, I've got F1 Asymmetricss on the front and the Dunlops (half worn) on the back. I thought the Dunlops were OK and they did last quite well it's just that the F1s really are so much better both in the wet and the dry. Can't comment on the wear rate yet.

Hopefully you won't need another set of tyres for some time but when you do I would recommend the F1 Asymmetrics and as I say you can get them reasonably priced

cool, thanks for the tip!, maybe if the backs wear i will change over and put the dunlops on the back

So are we saying Dunlpos and Goodyear are better than Michelins ? Ive had my tyres on my R since April 06 tyre wear is good the outer tread on the front seem worn but the overall 75% of tread over the surface of the tyre is well over 6mm !!

Hmmm - my dealer matched the best price I could find at a "proper" tyre place for Michelins last month and did a good job - no marks on alloys, car not washed (as requested), sound service! Maybe worth a try. Blade Goucester - good guys!

...so 110 per corner is a good price for F1 Asymetrics balanced?

[ QUOTE ]

...so 110 per corner is a good price for F1 Asymetrics balanced?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a fantastic price 169144-ok.gif

will have to check out prices at my local VW see what they can do based on my last experience another VW dealer closer to me had terrible service failed to tell me there 4WD tracking alignment system wasnt working after 8hours of me being at work etc !!!