[Audi A3/S3] Foglight surround somewhere on the North Circular!

S3ENVY

Took my car out for a little drive this evening only to come home and find that my fog light surround had disappeared! shocked.gif

I know it was there when I left and I was on the move constantly so no-body could have pinched it. I'm guessing it's on the North Circular somewhere. crazy.gif

Anyway, popped to the dealer only to discover that it's not under warranty unless they have the original piece to send back to Audi. mad.gif

I offered to go back and pick it up from the dual-carriageway if they in turn pay for my Bupa treatment. grin.gif

Anyway, pleasant suprise that the piece is only £17 and the service guy gave me a staff discount on it so I couldn't argue really. smile.gif

Anyway, check yours are secure! sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Same as!!!

I just ordered a new fog light surround as I ran over a pheasant on the A34 on Tuesday....

If anyone finds it can I have it back please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, hope you didn't damage any of the surrounding area! shocked.gif

...although roast pheasant would make a nice Easter lunch. grin.gif

All fixed now and secure unlike it was from the factory! smirk.gif

I'm tempted to try and claim the money back for the parts I had to replace as they just fell off, however I feel it's probably not worth the hassle for £17, it's just the principle of it!

1 month old car that undresses itself... crazy.gif

John, surely it's a miracle that you only managed to damage the light and not the bodywork! shocked.gif

Rear parking sensors are quite possibly one of the 'must have' options on a vehicle nowadays.

Yes, they give you ample warning, but that is all they are meant to do. Give you a warning, not be your eyes and ears by parking the car for you.

I've utilised them many a time and wouldn't be without them as an option. They also give you a warning against objects and little people below your line of sight which is invaluable.

Perhaps BMW don't fit very good parking sensors. Mine work fine. Start off with a slow beep, gradually getting faster as you get closer to an object. It then goes to a continuous note when your approx 300mm away. I find them very useful when manoeuvring in a confined space.