Guitar Hero 3 for PC

stooH

Does anyone here have Guitar Hero 3 for the PC?

I only found out it was available last night but it doesn't appear to be in any of the shops so bought on line at play.com for £45 (including guitar).

I've seen it on the consoles and it looked good but was wondering what it ran like on the PC.

I downloaded the demo for my 360 and it was fun to play. My missus liked it a lot. So, I decided to order it today. £65 from Game! I can't believe I've paid that much for a chuffin game, but I'm hoping my wife will enjoy it, play it loads, therefore preventing her from moaning if I want to play something. 169144-ok.gif

I've played the demo loads on the 360 and then I played the proper version around my mates yesterday with the actual guitar and I found it difficult to adapt straight away from using the controller.

I kept forgetting to strum the guitar because you didn't have to with the controller demo frown.gif

It arrived this morning and we've just spent the last few hours playing (in fact, still are). It's great. As you say, it's a lot harder than the demo, using just a control pad. With the guitar youhave to hold the button and strum, not to mention the whammy bar, or whatever it's called. laugh.gif

I just plumped for it and went and bought it. First few times I was really impressed and it worked fine on the PC (i've got an Acer Idea 510 Media Centre) in fact I was quite surprised it worked so well considering the PC is built on laptop technology, have noticed when playing the game and the PC is doing something else like recording the telly theres a big drop in performance and it gets jerky so i've switched off the crowd and that seems to have done the trick.

The game is ace and even on easy seems to get bloody dificult at times (that Slayer song is a nightmare).

All in all an excellent game and for £45 including guitar controller i'm well chuffed. And yes Sponge my missus loves it also so i'm fully allowed to get away with playing it as long as she gets a go at the end smile.gif169144-ok.gif

No, apparently there's some issue with the company that publish it for the PC/Mac and they're in 'negotiations' for the content (and have been for some time) which annoys me because I love Velvet Revolver and the Foo Fighters and they're 2 of the packs you can download. Grr....