The missus needs a new car

Biscuits

Looks nice, I bet you could get that for sub £18 right now.

The market is on its arse, I spoke to someone at a big dealership yesterday and he said they has the worst Saturday they have ever had. They would expect to do 30-50 cars on a Saturday including new and used and they did 6.

They only sold 2 cars during the week as well.

Good time to be buying from stock. +++

Looks nice, I bet you could get that for sub £18 right now.

The market is on its arse, I spoke to someone at a big dealership yesterday and he said they has the worst Saturday they have ever had. They would expect to do 30-50 cars on a Saturday including new and used and they did 6.

They only sold 2 cars during the week as well.

Good time to be buying from stock. +++

Dealer has come back with his "best offer" and it's pretty average, so I'll sit on it for a week and see if he budges.

If it was at my local dealer, I'd probably just do it as I get on well with them, but they don't have any 130's and can't find another dealer that will part with one...

We'll see... Nav, Bluetooth & Hifi/L7 are the options I'm aiming for, now not fussed on Leather as I quite like the Sensatec/ExfoliatorPad material.

+++

I would get a car with L7 if possible, but if not get one with no speaker upgrade at all.

You can add a blaupunkt plug and play amp for £200 that will beat the L7.

I have just fitted mine with 2 Earthquake SWS8 subs in the stock locations under the seats and it is absolutely superb.

It beats the system I had in the last car and that was over £2k.

It really does only take 30 minutes to install the amp too.

I would get a car with L7 if possible, but if not get one with no speaker upgrade at all.

You can add a blaupunkt plug and play amp for £200 that will beat the L7.

I have just fitted mine with 2 Earthquake SWS8 subs in the stock locations under the seats and it is absolutely superb.

It beats the system I had in the last car and that was over £2k.

It really does only take 30 minutes to install the amp too.

That is worth knowing Gizze, thanks. I have a friend/customer who in the trade and sorted my 996 with Alpine/DLS kit and he's up for doing the business in the 535d soon too. Didn't know the 1-series had sub positions under the seat too... GREAT ! +++

Mate, if you are going to upgrade the 5 series get the following...

Blaupunkt THA-555 pnp amp.

BMW plug and play cable with 5.5m extension.

DLS R4 speakers.

2 earthquake SWS-8 subwoofers. (these guys make the BMW sub and it drops right in.)

Totall cost around £600, it is all fitted without cutting a singe wire and it sounds absolutely fantastic.

The locations of the BMW speakers is the best designed set up of any car, using the door sills as subwoofer cabinet is genius, plus having the subs up front intergrates the bass perfectly.

I would now say to anyone speccing a new BMW to not add any audio upgrade and put this in. I always thought that the Logic 7 was just really good components for an OEM set up, but it is more the fact the stock locations are spot on and really do get the most out of them.

Back on topic... just put a holding deposit on:

BMW 130i M Sport - Nov 2005 - 16k miles

Le Mans Blue - Black Boston Leather

MDouble Spoke 208M Alloys

Bluetooth phone prep

BMW Pro Single CD

Cruise

Seat Heating Front

Sun Protection Glass

Tracker

Still being prep'd, so subject to it scrubbing up okay. The other we were looking at was coming in over all £1800 more, and onlt difference is NAV & Xenons... which to be perfectly honest would be nice, but not essential (it's a 2nd car and occasional toy/break from the 535d)

Find out if it's all go next week. Might have to order two set's of audio upgrade kit :D

:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the deal is done and it get's delivered on Tuesday night.

Was pleasantly surprised with the test drive, think it will be a nice compliment to the 535d... being manual and smaller/lighter.

More to follow when it arrives.