New Colour Available

Matt R

No it won't. Everything is white now, and when you come to sell it in 2 or 3 years time, white will be the equivalent of sick green, in that no-one will want it.

White was all the rage in the 80s - remember the white XR3i and Chavalier yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Not available as a choice on the VW website yet tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's no surprise - by the time the web site has actually loaded on your compuater, the Mk5 Golf will have been replaced with the Mk7 and you'll have the option of it being fuelled by hydrogen or uncooked baked beans, but only organic ones or the warranty will be invalidated...

I agree with Mook, alhough I think it will look good in white I think it is a fashion and will look dated in a few years. I'm speaking from experience on this one, had a white Mk1 GTI in he 80's and a Kiwi Yellow Ibiza in the 90's. The latter in particular went from cool to chav in the period of a few weeks. Although never had any problem finding it in a car park.

VW Website not upto date......enough said.

In most other business' and manufacturers I come across things are actually put up on the website too early to try and fuel interest.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Not available as a choice on the VW website yet tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's no surprise - by the time the web site has actually loaded on your compuater, the Mk5 Golf will have been replaced with the Mk7 and you'll have the option of it being fuelled by hydrogen or uncooked baked beans, but only organic ones or the warranty will be invalidated...

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutley - I was think more like the MKIX!!!

Kinda groovy when you change the colour of the car though laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well, 2 years ago i would have hated candy white, now after becoming addicted to Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes, I think FAB!!!!! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah me too - I seriously hated white cars at one point, but now I am considering it for my next car. I always thought white was for ex-emergency services and imported Jap cars. Will probably end up with red or blue though - perhaps black. smirk.gif

White has been getting popular for about 3 years now and soon it will be the most popular colour.

White is the new silver.

Once everyone realises ite not very practical, and white cars are ten a penny, resales will be difficult.

Its all a bit 'me too' sheep mentality with white cars at the moment - even though I do admit some look very very nice.

All imo

ices_blah.gifices_blah.gifices_blah.gif

Ever since I saw a white BMW 3 Series parked down the road a few years ago I always disliked white cars but in the last year or so I've seen a few white Golf GTI's and had a white A3 as a hire car in Germany and I thought they both looked fantastic!

Personally I don't think white would suit an .:R and I'd never buy a white car myself.

This is definitely one for the US or Middle Eastern markets.

I think it is largely pointless having a white car in any country in Northern Europe, residues from rain, sleet, snow & sludge will just mean the local jetwash owner becomes a millionaire coffee.gif

Love the MKIV in black but interestingly, if I ever got a MK V, I'd go for Steel Grey even though we all know black is the fastest colour! tongue.gif

Now, about Candy White, here's a short vid I found. It's in the US by the way. Side view and rear look OK but the front doesn't do it for me. The colour next to the shiny central grille gets a thumbs down me thinks.

WhiteMKV

TNM