New ED30 owner

Valley_Boy

Well after 4 very happy years with my Mk4R32, its been sold and ive just ordered a ED30 today.

Just got to wait now to be shipped from dockside in Germany to my Local Dealers.

Looking forward to getting the keys

Congrats! I too am in the same position (pending sale of R32) and cant wait until i order the Edt 30!!

What spec did you go for?

Just out of interest, did you trade your R32 in or private sale?

went for 3door black, with rear tints and ipod in armrest - choice was limited as you cant order from factory now

but im very happy with spec and price

yes was lucky to sell mine private - so got much better deal - when haggling with stealers

good luck with yours - i found pistonheads good for selling my car

I'm also waiting for mine, Candy White 5 door with DSG, plus a lot of other extra's too, another 8 weeks to go....

Luckily I've managed to hang on to my R32 but sold my Vectra VXR.

You will then own 2 of the best Golfs in recent years *bow*

Wish I could of kept my R, but as alot of Ed30 are making over 250bhp as standard it is the obvious choice for ex R owners.

2 Weeks ago I sold my MKV R32 for a new Edition 30. I really do miss the R32, the noise, the grip, the torque and that feel good factor driving it. The Edition 30 I find very tame, granted its still being run in having done just 300 miles but its just nowhere near the 32. I owned a MKV GTI prior to the R32 which I loved so I had high expectations for the 30 but they haven't been met or fulfilled....Yet! What I do like about the 30 is the interior with the red stitching & leather. heated seats etc..... Anyway enjoy your new ED30 when it arrives, hopefully I'll settle in with mine soon.

I am more than happy with my ED30.Still not fully runin yet but it feels good.I ran my previous GTi with 250bh thanks to a remap at APS so looking forward to seeing what they do with my ED30!

I prefer the interior of my ED30 to my GTi as i think it lifts the cabin and i much prefer the colour coding.I find the seats to be really comfortable and although its a 3Dr there is still plenty of room.

I certainly have no regrets i chose the ED30 over the S3..

cheers for the info guys

I like the retro look of the Ed30 interior - i know its not to everyone's tastes but i really like it.

Im looking forward to the summer weather without Full Leather seats :-)

How you finding a Black car, does it seem to get dirty quickly?

How does an ED30 compare in performance terms to a remapped GTI - similar?

the wait is killing me already

How you finding a Black car, does it seem to get dirty quickly?

How does an ED30 compare in performance terms to a remapped GTI - similar?------

This is my third consecutive Diamond Black Pearl Golf so i suppose i am a glutton for punishment!!They are very hard work to keep clean and show every little mark or scratch but imho its worth it.

Although my ED30 is still not fully runin it compares very favourably to my remapped GTi.At some point i will have my ED30 remapped as imo it really enhances performance/drive.

You definitely will not be disappointed..

My standard MKV GTI & R32 were both black although for the ED30 I have gone with Steel Grey for a change. Black always looks so good when clean. (With regard to cleaning both R32 & GTI I bought Zymol Carbon & wow what a shine & the beading is incredible...I even used it on my MK1 GTI Covertible & current Sportline too.)

Now I've done 350miles in the ED30 I have revved it a little more & I noticed yesterday that at 4000rpm (or just under) the exhaust note really changes & there's a big power band or something. Just a little reluctant to keep trying it whilst running in, but once over 500 miles will definately try again!

Never gone down the chipping route so can't really comment on this.

This is my first white car and it does show the muck, especially after all this

wet weather. But it looks cracking after a little tlc. I have about 700 miles on now and it is a real pleasure to drive. As yet have not the opportunity to open the throttle properly (or even improperly!).

Maybe on the way down to my forthcoming Driver Education class!

My standard MKV GTI & R32 were both black although for the ED30 I have gone with Steel Grey for a change. Black always looks so good when clean. (With regard to cleaning both R32 & GTI I bought Zymol Carbon & wow what a shine & the beading is incredible...I even used it on my MK1 GTI Covertible & current Sportline too.)

Now I've done 350miles in the ED30 I have revved it a little more & I noticed yesterday that at 4000rpm (or just under) the exhaust note really changes & there's a big power band or something. Just a little reluctant to keep trying it whilst running in, but once over 500 miles will definately try again!

Never gone down the chipping route so can't really comment on this.

Hi Schueyy,how are you finding the Ed30 compared to the R32?I test drove a DSG GTi and the MkV R32 back to back.Coming from a Golf V6 2.8 4mo the GTi just blew me away.

I did think about Steel Grey this time but Black won the day again.

I will give the Zymol Carbon a try..:P

ED30 is now growing on me, although I drove past me old R32 yesterday & felt a bit gutted still.......................I'm sure as the ED30 gets run in it will be fine. Still really do like the interior more than ever.

Originally I planned on Candy White, but the Steel Grey with the Rear Privacy Glass seemed different (Although I some say its MPV like!) But I really do like it.

I still like the 4Motion's esp in 3 door.

hi Golfgirl

How you finding the change to ED30, in terms of performance?

im worried im going to miss the character of the Mk4 R32 esp the sound

cheers

My R32 was modified and had more overall grunt. The Ed30 feels quicker between 2,500-4,000rpm and is a bit more rev-happy than the R32. I'd say the Ed30 would be quicker than a standard R32 though.

I miss the noise and traction most with the R32 but so far I'm satisfied with the Ed30. Once I'd done 1,000 miles it started to feel loads quicker.

cheers for the info golfgirl

im dreading the running in period - i dont do much mileage - so im going to be driving like a nun for 2 months!!

cant wait to get the car now - anyone know how long it takes to get from dockside germany to the dealers - ive been told to expect about 3-4 weeks before i can get my hands on the keys

from the mk5 forum...

"If truth be told in the back of all our minds we knew the real winner wasn't actually in attendance on the day, the basic GTI (at three grand cheaper than the Edition30 and with better tuned suspension) would clearly have ticked all the boxes. Unfortunately it's beefed up brother (the Edition 30) would be flying the VW flag today."

from a VW mag group test.