Pirelli Edition GTI.....

VW must have been worried that customers would think the same as part of the document sent to the dealers about the pirelli from VW talks about it and says they have contacted the 3 big car price guide people about it and it says the responce was it would not make a difference.

I have found something i really don't like about the pirelli edition though it comes standard with rear tinted windows.

I agree - tinted rear windows are for MPV's, drug dealers and cabinet ministers only. I don't mind all side windows tinted but find this modern concept of just having the rear ones tinted a bit odd. Can't think of a purpose for them either.

I could actually live with the Pirelli GTI if it wasn't for the seat fabric & tints. The wheels look fine to me.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there wll be a Mk6 R32. Unless they can make it more fuel efficient and reduce emissions significantly.

I expect the "flagship" model in the MK6 to be a Turbo 4 pot with a Haldex. Probably with an output of around 280bhp although 300bhp would be good both for us but also for marketing+++

I guess it depends whether they want to or in fact allowed to compete with the S3 head on or not.

We'll just have to wait and see:rolleyes:

I don't think there wll be a Mk6 R32. Unless they can make it more fuel efficient and reduce emissions significantly.

I didn't wanna be the first to say it, but i agree with you. I think this could be the end for big engine cars, in hatchbacks at least.

I probably wont ever own a 6 cylinder car again..... :-(

I expect the "flagship" model in the MK6 to be a Turbo 4 pot with a Haldex. Probably with an output of around 280bhp although 300bhp would be good both for us but also for marketing+++

I think a little bit of sex wee just came out... :grin:

I'd love the thought of that extra oomph in my Golf but the thought of putting it through the front tires puts me off and the fuel efficiency of the R32 scares me.

just having the rear ones tinted a bit odd. Can't think of a purpose for them either..

I can. A mate of mine has an undertaker buisness there 'transportation' cars are estates/SUVs/4x4s that have tinted rear windows only. What i meen by that is he uses normal cars (hes just bought 2 new octavia estates in silver to add to the fleet) with tinted rear windows to collect the body from wereever in the country back to here. Much better then using a herse type car on motorways etc to ferry the coffin about as it does not attract looks. These cars are only used for this purpose and no other and not in any official service.

It does make the salesman at dealerships and motorshows go OH when he is measuring up the boot and they come over and ask why lol.

Can you see why i don't like the idea of tinted rear windows now. icon12.gif

Here goes...! Just ordered a Pirelli in Graphite Blue. Was going to go for an Ed30 but was too late so waited, looked at the pictures, talked to the Dealer & decided that although I don't like the rear tints & am slightly concerned about the seat fabric I love the rest of the car & the standard spec so took the plunge. Order is in with delivery round about end June/early July. Extras are Xenons, parking sensors, highline & winter pack (love those heated seats!). Just have to wait now.....

Here goes...! Just ordered a Pirelli in Graphite Blue. Was going to go for an Ed30 but was too late so waited, looked at the pictures, talked to the Dealer & decided that although I don't like the rear tints & am slightly concerned about the seat fabric I love the rest of the car & the standard spec so took the plunge. Order is in with delivery round about end June/early July. Extras are Xenons, parking sensors, highline & winter pack (love those heated seats!). Just have to wait now.....

Were they able to offer any discount?

I spoke with my dealer because there were rumours of an R36 Golf, the Passat R36 was due out this month but my dealer hasn't seen it yet.............Would be nice though...an R36 Golf, emissions, tax, whatever, I'd be straight into one.

Maybe the MKVI will have the R36 engine????????????????

But like most others have said its probably gonna be a blown 2ltr or something.

I think that this is such a shame - yet again VW pile us off with a new model with a whole colour range of dull, duller and dullest - what happened to the yellow as the original pics were in?

My order withdrawn as I dont want an anonymous car - I want what was originally shown.

I agree that the colour choice is not the most inspiring. I am surprised that the yellow paint is not an option - after all, what is all that yellow stitching about. Originally, I thought that it was ONLY going to be available in yellow.

I remember the banana yellow Corrado's - perhaps I was alone in liking those?? :uhoh:

Of of the colors available, Blue Graphite Pearl would be my choice. I had this on a Golf Sport and provided it's kept very clean and swirl free, it looks very nice an upmarket.

I remember the banana yellow Corrado's - perhaps I was alone in liking those?? :uhoh:

Of of the colors available, Blue Graphite Pearl would be my choice. I had this on a Golf Sport and provided it's kept very clean and swirl free, it looks very nice an upmarket.

If we're being picky it was Nugget yellow not 'nana :rolleyes:

after all, what is all that yellow stitching about.
Pirelli corporate colour im guessing. As there badge is yellow background with red writing or it use to be.

Its funny but maybe VW were reading forums etc as everyone slated the yellow every single time the Pirelli was talked about. As soon as they don't do it in the UK people are up in arms LOL.

You could import one from germany from one of the import companys in yellow if you must have one in yellow.