Insurance Time Again

A8_Tony

Well, what can i say? It comes around so quickly and it seems there's never enough time to shop around. So I awaited my renewal from Tescos, got a note through the door from the AA, and phoned Adrian Flux.

Tescos, full cost for the year - £699 :eek:

AA - £550

Adrian Flux - £419!!!!!! +++

And Adrian Flux were the only one's who would cover my mods. Extra discount as I'd done them myself!! :)

So can highly recommend a call to them as and when your insurance comes up.

Oh yeah, the place where I live is slightly more expensive than York too!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

New S8 owner, been ringing around everywhere for insurance as exsisting conpany wanted nearly £1100 pounds :eek: Something about not liking group 20 cars :confused:

I'm fifty something living in Cheshire, full protected ncb and no points, self and wife to drive, 8000 miles per year.

So, tried all the usual companies, including Adrian Flux who were pretty good on price at £544. That will do for me I thought, however someone in pub said to try Liverpool + Victioria. Glad I did, annual premium £445. Suggest anyone who is due gives them a call, they seem to be extremely competitive. Gave me a fantastic quote for a second car too which was also the lowest. Seem nice on the phone too, various payment options. Give them a try

Rgds

Rick

I got the wifes polo and my A8 (albeit standard tiny 2.8) for 640 somethng all in which I didn't think was bad - on a 'multi car' deal - seems a bit hit amd miss depending on where you live and mods etc.. I find Admiral are good for a year then start putting it up.. and when you move (if you move) the will claim your new postcode is a higher risk area so it has to go up. I once moved from inner city to Somerset, and the nearest other house was about 5 miles, but it went up as it was higher risk

I guess they think cows might steal the car or horses might car jack me, specially the ones in hoodys

who are you insured with mike that seems a good deal for a s8

yeah, I agree. I've been advised that postcode and hence district you live does have an effect on price. I suppose that not surprising, but some are loaded heavily for no apparent reason

I find Admiral are good for a year then start putting it up..

I've had that problem too, but it's easily avoided by alternating between Admiral, Elephant and Bell (all of whom are owned by the same company). Slightly different cover terms to watch out for, e.g. Admiral charge for a green card, Elephant don't, but otherwise pretty similar.

Got 7 days free insurance when I bought the car (with Norwich Union who want nearly £800 if I go with them:roflmao:).

Been reading this post and tried LV and got the best one yet:

£502, which includes protected no-claims, road-side assistance which includes abroad, which I think is fantastic - think I will be going with this one:grin:

Got 7 days free insurance when I bought the car (with Norwich Union who want nearly £800 if I go with them:roflmao:).

Been reading this post and tried LV and got the best one yet:

£502, which includes protected no-claims, road-side assistance which includes abroad, which I think is fantastic - think I will be going with this one:grin:

Yeah, I was surprised by my quote, but I've signed up for the S8 and another car. my mate at the pub who recommended them tells me that he has been with them for a few years and they are always the lowest he finds when it comes around to renewal time. He says they were also the lowest when he had his son on a policy learning to drive at 18 yrs old, think the car was a diesel Mondeo or something like that. I've also got a travel insurance quote off them and thats one of the lowest I've had too. I'm very pleased with the premiums.

Rick

Had my renewal a few months back. Got the standard renewal letter from Admiral at £714. Went online to their website for a quote just to check and got £420. Called them up and got the £420.

Moral of the story........Never except the first renewal quote.

I paid around £600 last time around for the w12 that was with 4000 miles a year though. With Diamond in my wifes name (full noc etc) The 3.7 v8 02 d2 a8 was around £450 a year with them.

The Masser is with Bell Direct (part of Admiral insurance group) on a similar policy got it down from £1000 with Admiral - to around £800 last year.

We are both 33.....