520d SE 177bhp

SiAudiSline

What do people think of this, I have this as an option on a four year lease but sadly only with the standard cloth seats, what are these like comfort wise?

Is this model due for replacement soon?

It also appears this model does not have a front centre armrest as standard when using the bmw configurator, can this be true?

Thanks

All 5s have a front centre armrest, but to have it sliding is an option on some models, including the 520d. It gets added automatically if you have Bluetooth, as that is accommodated in the armrest.

If it slides, then it can move forward to partly cover the handbrake. I guess that makes it more accessible. Mine stays firmly put...!

I think new one is due late 09/early 10. Never seen the cloth seats but if its a lease car and you are happy with them then its fine. Is the deal good? Oh, and have a drive in a manual five series as having owned one I found the clutch to be well offset - hurt my back. That's why I'm now in an auto five series.

One of our sales guys has a 520d; he has no complaints about performance or economy, but thinks its a bit noisy. His has 'Fusion' artificial leather (used to be called vinyl I think :roflmao:) which, surprisingly, looks OK and only cost £100. I've not had to sit on it for any length of time though...

WRT to the front centre arm rest, as above, they all have one, but the sliding one is extra (or comes with the bluetooth kit). The sliding one is also split IIRC from my old 535d; only the driver's side slides, and the passenger side opens, so you get a smaller cubby than on the non-sliding one.

Peter

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I did test the 520d SE and despite not being stunning to look at in SE spec I thought it was fabulous to drive, very fast and responsive for a such a big exec motor, with a fair bit of road presence to boot. The interior has some neat touches such as the light on the edge of the speedo rim for cruise but the overall impression was a bit low rent especially the door trims in a sort of mucky silver, and the wipers being the wrong way was a surprise.

I dont know if the lease deal is good as it a case of picking from a list.

I've been swayed by looks on an A4 100bhp diesel before and regretted it.....and this is my concern regarding choice B, a C180K Sport Petrol with manual box (diesels too expensive on tax) - anyone driven one of these, all the dealerships seem to have diesel autos?!

I tried the 3 series but found it just too small for me, which was a shame as again it was great to drive.