WiiFit

Dave

Ok so what can you actually do with with the Wii Fit? apart from getting your BMI

It separates the tasks into groups such as:

Muscle.. press up's, sit ups, Squats etc

Balance.. ski-ing, ski jump, tight rope walking

Aerobic: step, jogging, hola hooping

yoga : different stretch exercises.

We've haven't unlocked much yet.. but great fun.

My only concern is that it gives my kids a BMI.. although they are all in the healthy level and it doesn't set them a target, it would be better if kids under 16 weren't set these things.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried that link for ages and finally got stock update from Argos. Anyway tried ordering it as in stock until it got to after my card details and then said out of stock! Did not stop them charging me twice dispite this though!

Anyway, got one locally of eBay. Paid a little extra but only slightly more than Argos price when postage added.

Well worth the spend though for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went into the shop in Davao city a couple of days ago - they'd recently sold the only Wii Fit they had received. However, the young lady said she would call Manila to see whether they had stock.

The answer, this morning, was 'Yes' .. it should be arriving this afternoon. :)

Initially I couldn't wait to get one - but they were continually sold out and couldn't get my hands on one.

Since using my mates one a few times i'm glad i didn't buy one - the "lastability" is extremely poor I think - i'm bored of his already......

Well, I spent quite some time using Wii Fit this evening (My 'Wii Fit age' is given as 44 - ten years below my actual age :), but Ruby was less happy that hers is 30 - six years above her actual [However, she is 2 months pregnant!]).

Anyway, after using the Wii Fit program, I then spent some time using the board with Wii Ski, where it does seem to add a little bit of realism.