Should I???

simkna

I have been offered the chance to buy an A4 Avant 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 from my work. It's an 02 reg, high (for it's age) miles - 36K. It has leather, aluminium, CD changer, basic Satnav and rear parking sensor. It needs 4 new tyres and a service. Small hole/dent about the size of a 50p in the back bumper. Price £16,800 (non-negotiable). So, should I buy it????

Si.

You can have mine for that price (or perhaps a little less if you're nice).

Slightly older - 2001 (Y), but only has 20k miles on it and is in great condition (well, one kerbed wheel, but that's it). Leather, sports suspension etc.

4 new tyres is at least £400 fitted. If the bumper hole is in the lower (grey part), it shouldn't cost more than £150 fitted (the part is £73 from Audi).

You can see it and get more details in my sig below....

I must admit it looks VERY clean, but I'm afraid part of the attraction for me is the fact that it's a fast estate. My other motor is a bit obvious (spammed up 200+bhp MX-5), and the A4 Avant always looks a little bit of a sleeper.

(and the extra room would be very useful too - ever since getting my last company car, I've regretted it being a saloon).

Si.

Its about book price without all the extras like leather and satnav etc. You won't go much wrong.

Glass's price for a 02 with 21k miles is £18475, take off approx £1500 for the higher mileage less £400 for tyres and you get your price but with some nice goodies to boot.

As long as its not brilliant blue it's got to be right. beerchug.gif

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I went for it. I am now the proud owner of an '02 A4 2.5TDi QS in Dolphin Grey. I managed to get 4 new tyres and a major service thrown in, so think I ended up with a bit of a bargain really. smile.gif

Next investment will have to be a tow bar for pulling my trailer, or maybe retrofit cruise. Chipping will no doubt follow at some point. cool.gif

Si.