BMW M3 - Flipped the Finger......

Hudson

I am one of those drivers/riders who trundle along very happily and try to be as courteous as possible to my fellow road buddies...... that was until this morning. I commute to work on my bike (Honda CBF600N) all year round. I have only been riding 18 months and enjoy it, i have not really had any incidents in all that time that has caused me to see 'red mist' but today a BMW M3 driver caused me to. I was sat at the lights at early doors next to the said *****, it was at a four way junction with me and him going straight over, it's two lanes that then very quickly narrows to one (which goes into a 30mph zone). The lights opposite go amber so i kick down into first and get ready to go..... off i go, so does he and keeps with me all the way into the single lane where upon i decide not to go onto the oncoming carriage way and slow down. I set off at a decent pace but he obviously thought (being a BMW Penis obssesed Wa@@@@) i should be behind him. Then he carried on down the 30 mph road with an infants school at the bottom and cars either side at approx 50+mph, i gave him a toot (of my feeble horn) and a flash (of my feeble lights) knowing full well i would meet him very soon due to the morning congestion. I admit i was really angry when he did this and thought for a few seconds that his mirror was surplus to his requirements and should really be bouncing along the road..... but then i calmed down. When i caught up with him i simply (and as cool as possible) extended my left hand and gave him the 'bird. (making sure to slow right down as i passed so he did not miss it !).

Is the urban myth about BMW drivers true ?

What an absolute nob!!

You know what, how much more more satisfaction do you get from from pulling in an letting a bike passed, and getting that wave of thanks from lift of his hand or foot?? A lot more than trying to cut someone up and making yourself look a complete tool, that's for sure!

Or any brand Garcon, including yours - you do love being inflammatory eh?

To be fair i guess i could take out references to BMW M3's and add in '' All sports based/chav based cars where the owners feel the need to prove something or have a small man snake''

Don't forget to add white van man to the Audi and BMW driver brigade.

Last night I filtered to the front of a right turn only lane. I was at the front and in front of white van man. After a few mins up started flashing and tooting at me despite the light still being on red. I looked at him, pointed to the red light and shrugged. He got quite aggitated and put it on full lock just missing me. He then went straight across the junction instead of turning right.

I was obviously guilty of blocking his progress to go straight on by sitting in a right hand turn only lane. Me bad! :suicide:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
..... but then i calmed down.

For a minute there, I thought you were going to say that you felt that the the BMW M3 driver should be behind you.

The safest place to have a lunatic is in front where you can keep an eye on him. They are far too dangerous and unpredictable to have behind you.

Keep the rubber side down.

John