Pics of my New Ed30

Valley_Boy

Hi

Just wanted to post some pics of my new car - picked it up monday from Capitol VW, Merthyr

Car was detailed by James who works for them over the weekend in his spare time - who did a fantastic job!

ed30backblank.jpg

ed30backdriverblank.jpg

ed30backsideblank.jpg

ed30passsideblank.jpg

ed30sidebalnk.jpg

Also big thanks to Matt Jones(Sales) who did me a great deal on the ED30, and i rang loads of Dealers for their best price - so anyone looking give for New Ed30/Gti give him a Call - just say Barrie gave you his name - i'm sure hell do you a great Deal

Very Happy with the car coming from a Mk4 R32 - i do miss the Growl of the R but i think the ED30 will prove a worthy replacement.

Just got to run it in now before able to enjoy it fully

I'm not much on Black cars, but each to their own.

Fancy opting for an underworked K04 rather than over stressing a K03.

Well there's a nice friendly post. Put simply, maybe you should just **** off out of here. There's nothing wrong with offering an opinion, but when you're primarily out to offend, then you're just being an arsehole.

To Valley_Boy, the car looks good mate. I wish they hadn't discontinued the ED30, as I was considering getting one myself. The Pirelli edition isn't to my taste.

Ourtess, you're entitled to your opinion, however, there are better ways of putting your views forward on this forum. Your super critical unfounded statements have probably miffed Valley_Boy and have probably offended many other ED30 owners on this forum, me being one of them!

Valley_Boy – excellent pictures, lets hope it’s a sunny and dry bank holiday weekend, so you can get some decent quality miles on the clock. Keep an eye out for Ourtess!

As i have said in other posts to you. Come back in 10 years 130,000 miles and list the problems you have had with your tuned car. Lets see how more heat and stress on un-uprated components compares. Theres a reason VW uprated them, if it was not needed they sure as hell would not have done it as it costs them more to do it then not. But then im an engineer by trade and i can see why they would have done it your probably cannot and just follow the sheep.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a black ED30 for no other reason than it was available, love it to bits now, it replaced a stolen V R32, I was a bit apprehensive but in the real world comparing stock with stock I honestly don't notice the difference. Good choice, enjoy the car and ignore the cocks. BTW if you have the nav does it do UK postcodes ?

I bought a black ED30 for no other reason than it was available, love it to bits now, it replaced a stolen V R32, I was a bit apprehensive but in the real world comparing stock with stock I honestly don't notice the difference. Good choice, enjoy the car and ignore the cocks. BTW if you have the nav does it do UK postcodes ?

the RNS510 will do postcodes if you have version 3 map, which i can get :-)

Hi Mate

Im from Rhondda Valleys bought from Capitol cos they gave me great deal on ED30, previously owned a Mk4 R32 - so im missing the sound of the V6 but not the frequent trips to Petrol station - it was a Great Car though.

James did a good job on mine - but black it pig to keep clean