GoW 2

• 4 months later...

Theres so many games coming out in the next few months. Its ridiculous. I'm budgeting though, and Gears 2 is the only release day purchase I'll be making. Everything else I'll get second hand. But I want in on this. Especially looking forward to co-op with mates. Hope they've managed to get 4-player in there.

Yeh there is a lot of games coming out. That's why i've just sold the Wii, I hardly played it and will be using the money to buy a couple of the big titles plus buying a couple out of my pocket.

Picked up FIFA 09 last night from a friend who got it early because he works at a Game store :) Absolutely fanstastic is the only word to describe. The First FIFA game i've liked since 99'. I'd recommend it to anybody who had any doubts.

Picked up FIFA 09 last night from a friend who got it early because he works at a Game store :) Absolutely fanstastic is the only word to describe. The First FIFA game i've liked since 99'. I'd recommend it to anybody who had any doubts.

Hmmm, I may have to look into this. Can you play as just one player a la the advert and have 22 multiplayer online 11 a-side? I've wanted this since the beginning!

• 5 weeks later...

I picked it up yesterday and got started on the campaign last night. Good things so far, much nicer environments than the first one. New weapons are pretty neat. My only concern so far is that I haven't really been challenged by a difficult section yet. And I've started off on the 'Hardcore' difficulty setting. Hoping it gets a bit more taxing or it won't last long. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet, waiting for some friends to get it first.

AMG01, the lead designer gave an interview in development that was pretty explicit that Epic games would not be making a PC version. That said, another team could be given the job of porting it to PC at a later date. Microsoft doesn't own Epic so they may well have forked out for a period of exclusivity to boost sales on the 360. It could happen, but not anytime soon.

• 1 month later...

I thought the single player was great bar a few levels that just dragged. I'm not really playing the Multiplayer anymore, there's to many bugs and irritating random kills. The shotgun is just so unpredictable that it's put off loads of my mates playing it. You can shoot someone at point blank range, for nothing to happen, then the person you shot at shoots you with the same gun and you get torn to pieces.

Chainsaw kills are so easy it's a joke. Which is great, until someone does it to you. Even though there has been an apparent update to fix the 5 minute waits to get into games, the wait times are still the same for me.

Horde is good but very quickly gets boring. It's also frustratingly hard at higher levels.