Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brownswood

A4 valuation

14 posts in this topic

hi guys can anyone hazard a guess at trade in/private sale prices for my current motor

A4 2.0TDI (140) AVANT S-LINE

Registered end sept 2006

phantom black metallic

bose sound system

multi function steering wheel

gsm phone prep in dash

heated seats

symphony II 6 cd sound system

rear parking sensors

boot liner and cargo net

FASH (main dealer)

2 new goodyear f1 eagles on the back

...the bad news

the front two tyres need replacing

scratch down the drivers side but should polish out

interior is in need of a valet but no major lasting nasties

pretty much all the alloys have taken a good few knocks and have a fair amount of wear

thanks guys appreciate the guidance

49K mileage

Glasses guides suggests:

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition:

£15400

Average condition:

£13850

Below average condition:

£12200

Around £12k would seem about right if you p/e at a car supermarket

That sounds very low, I have just been offered £19,000 by a main dealer for my Oct 2006 A4 2.0TDi Sline Avant with Leather, multitronic and a few other bits. It is totally mint mind you and my wheels are spotless with just 15,000 miles. In April it was £20,000 against a month old Touareg......

Does the mileage make such a huge difference?

Hi there, Monday morning essay follows

I have a July 2006 A4 Avant S - line, 2.0tdi 140bhp - MFS, armrest and ipod link otherwise standard car, in metallic silver, parrot blueooth, alloys bit knocked and 27,900 miles on the clock. Difficult to place but the value I was given in April would equate to £17,000 on a trade in against a 3 month old 1.9tdi 115bhp version with absolutly all the toys. From my recollection the controlling factor is the mileage, once it gets over 50K the stealers tend to put them out to auction which loses them a slice of the money. I suppose it depends what you are trading against - for instance at the end of march my parents were given £10K (consider this against the £12k) for a 53 reg 1.9tdi 130bhp avant with 77K on the clock and very basic spec - this was against the brand new A4 Avant 2.0 140 with sat nav and a few toys. If they had bought a second hand one instead of the new car they would only have be given £7K - its tricky.

Sorry to ramble - one thing i really notices was that there is a huge difference geographically - for instance a dealer in Norwich will give you abotu 3K less than one in say Swindon - makes it very hard to price things.

JR

thanks for the replies. i am thinking i may just keep the avant its full lifespan as i dont need a new car, i just wondered if i could sell it, take a bit of equity and get a new 0% finance deal as i still have 18months left on my current car which is about 4.9% i think

i always intended to keep this car and run and run it but its nice to know i am not in negative EQ if i had to sell now!

i cant think of anything else id rather drive right now anyway!

Why not freshen her up with the Audi nav system mate?? Could pick one up off ebay for very little and it makes a hug difference to the interior and adds more value to the car than it costs to put it. +++

Check this then and weep if anyone is thinking of chopping in a B7 . . .

Last week i got a price from my local VW garage on my current motor.

I have a Oct 2007 57 plate A4 Avant 2.0 TDI (170) S Line Special Edition Phantom Black with Symphony BOSE and Executive Pack (Auto wipers, lights and bluetooth car kit) plus all the additional sp ed goodies and 6k on the clock. This cars list price was nearly £29k when i bought it 7 months ago, it still looks immaculate and you know what the [email protected] offered me?

£20k ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Yeah books at £20k.

Having said that one of my work colleagues husband bought the special edition petrol version with nav for just over £22k which was a massive saving, so he would be very happy with that trade in. I guess it more a case of what you paid for it, the fact they were being knocked out with massive discounts is what is killing residuals now, and if you didn't get that discount you are going to cry come trade in.

Check this then and weep if anyone is thinking of chopping in a B7 . . .

Last week i got a price from my local VW garage on my current motor.

I have a Oct 2007 57 plate A4 Avant 2.0 TDI (170) S Line Special Edition Phantom Black with Symphony BOSE and Executive Pack (Auto wipers, lights and bluetooth car kit) plus all the additional sp ed goodies and 6k on the clock. This cars list price was nearly £29k when i bought it 7 months ago, it still looks immaculate and you know what the [email protected] offered me?

£20k ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Why does that surprise you?

why does it surprise me?

errr let me see . . .

maybe the £24 to £26k price tag on the audi approved cars website?

why does it surprise me?

errr let me see . . .

maybe the £24 to £26k price tag on the audi approved cars website?

The used market is dead at the minute. Punters will be pitching first bids of 22k on a car with a 24k windscreen price. Unlike in the 90s VW and Audi garages are no longer run side by side, so unless the same parent company owns them both, VW would sell your car to Audi (for a profit), and then Audi would put it on the forecourt and sell it. The dealer won't wish to be over-stocked with B7s as they are depreciating pounds daily now they are the old shape. Always the way with German cars I'm afraid.

PS. No I do not work for VAG before you ask.

Anyone got a glasses guide to hand?

2005 (march 05) A4 2.0TDI S-Line, quartz grey, black interior, arm rest, aluminium trim, 18 inch wheels

31k miles.

I'm guessing they would pitch in at about 10-11k on trade in if i'm lucky.

Seems like the sensible thing is to sit on it for another couple of years as the car doesn't owe me anything, but those A5s are soooo nice.

Just keep it and put the money towards filling your fuel tank!:confused:

Betcha its £1.50 a litre by the end of July.:mad:

Don't forget that Golden Brown gets 80% of that in tax..............................