RS6 on display at Tonbridge Audi

sidicks

My wife and I were invited to Tonbridge Audi today to look at the new A3 Cab and RS6.

The A3 looks nice enough and even with the roof up, boot space is more than adequate, however I was more interested in the RS6.

The car they had was more or less the spec I would have chosen (Daytona Grey with black leather, 20" alloys etc).

In the flesh the flared arches look nice and it is a very appealing car visually. The interior is first class, and the main thing that stops me replacing the 911 is the likely year 1 depreciation, given that a decent spec will cost in excess of £80k.

I told the salesman that I'd be looking to get a 6-12 month old example once the first owner had taken he biggest depreciation hit - he mentioned that numbers would be limited, but didn't really try to argue the case that the car wouldn't lose a fair chunk in its first year.

I'll be keen to have a drive once they have a demonstrator, but for now I'll keep the 911 (I think!),

:beer:

Sidicks

• 2 weeks later...

sidicks - why would you switch from a nimble 2 door coupe to a huge barnstorming tank on wheels? Even if quicker in a straight line any 911 is going to be more satisfying

such dissmilar cars - unless the RS6 would = some garage consolidation

there again I buy the smallest car possible for my needs not the other way around

I saw a couple today at my local dealer. One was registered and one was all priced up in the showroom so I presume I could have bought it if I had £80k spare? Looked okay but the depreciation would scare me big time.

man of your means can cope just fine Merlot....

Maybe but cars just don't hold their value like they used to. Perhaps I should cut volume and increase price?

Trouble is I've got so used to going 450 miles on a tank in my 535d that I would forget to fill up an RS6 and run out of fuel after 250 miles. Mind you if it had a tv that would be ok.

man of your means can cope just fine Merlot....

hey sarcasm a go go :rolleyes:

I always wonder why people assume that because you can afford to buy an £80K car, that you can afford/want to lose 50K in a couple of years from depreciation? :confused:

I always wonder why people assume that because you can afford to buy an £80K car, that you can afford/want to lose 50K in a couple of years from depreciation? :confused:

'cause generally speaking it's true?

I'm wondering who puts a Rolex as their avator? :roflmao:

Mine isn't much better, mind.

Talk about missing the ironic joke comment...ffs...

You will note that Merlot took the post in the good nature it was intended Mate.

Was in the Bradford Audi last night having a look at the A4's with my mother and there happened to be a silver RS6 with black leathers sat there.

Had a sit in the drivers seat and just loved the interior! With the bonnet up you can see the V10 dont leave much space in the engine bay.

Typical mum comment on the car.. 'ooo, that colour looks nice with the buttons on the dash' lol