Battlefield-Bad Company (better than COD4?)

Big_Al

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bash on the demo last night...both single and multi

Seems good, they've done a good job on all the vehicles, you even get a car radio in some of them (bit of a rip off from GTA but w/e)

The graphics aren't as good as cod and the gun textures in particular look a bit weak.

But the game plays really well online and I think that's really where it's aimed.

As mentioned its about online, as was the last one, which was absoloutely brilliant online and this one seems to be more of the same, I cant find a class for myself atm but Im sure I will eventually, How blooming hard are helicopters to fly?!

As mentioned its about online, as was the last one, which was absoloutely brilliant online and this one seems to be more of the same, I cant find a class for myself atm but Im sure I will eventually, How blooming hard are helicopters to fly?!

I thought the choppers were easier than in GTA lol, they took a bit of getting used to

I thought it was gonna be PC aswell but I just checked Amazon and they're only taking orders for 360 and ps3, weird.

It's a console only release. The PC will get its own build of a new battlefield that will be 20 times better. Battlefield 2 on the PC from 3 years ago is by far the best battlefield game ever made, even when compared to bad company.

As for it being better than COD4, it doesn't even come close. I played the demo and it's as if in the 2 years they've been developing it they spend 22 months on making the sound effects in the game sound as realistic as possible, and then at the last minute forgot they were supposed to be actually making a game. Then failed in the last 2 months. The graphics are shoddy, the destructible environments aren't "groundbreaking" as DICE claim. And the gameplay mechanics are terrible, doesn't feel like a good game.

COD4 FTW!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

First impressions, I like it +++ Just playing the single player story on normal setting.

Gameplay is good, as are the graphics (not as fuzzy as demo). The cut scenes and training aren't to long and the sound is excellent.

The choice of weapons and vehicles to drive will keep you entertained, calling in mortar strikes is great fun. The enemy AI is better than most games, they run for cover, hide, flank you and are good shots:eek:. Not been asked to fly a helicopter yet, but have used trunks, tanks, boats, apc and hummers.

Overall it is not as refined as COD4, I would say the style of play is more MOH but much better. Yes, you will tire of the destructible enviroment in the end and the rest of your squad couldn't hit a cows ar5e from 3 paces.

Give it a go, its worth adding it to you games collection. +++

First impressions, I like it +++ Just playing the single player story on normal setting.

Gameplay is good, as are the graphics (not as fuzzy as demo). The cut scenes and training aren't to long and the sound is excellent.

The choice of weapons and vehicles to drive will keep you entertained, calling in mortar strikes is great fun. The enemy AI is better than most games, they run for cover, hide, flank you and are good shots:eek:. Not been asked to fly a helicopter yet, but have used trunks, tanks, boats, apc and hummers.

Overall it is not as refined as COD4, I would say the style of play is more MOH but much better. Yes, you will tire of the destructible enviroment in the end and the rest of your squad couldn't hit a cows ar5e from 3 paces.

Give it a go, its worth adding it to you games collection. +++

Totally agree, well worth the money, got mine this morning and totally enjoying it, its darn crazy at times with the mortar, artillery, tanks, grenades, rockets all going off at the same time. What a giggle

arrgghhh!

I'm finding BF: Bad Company unplayable!

It gives me motion sickness...seriously, I played for an hour last night and I felt as if I'd just stepped off the New Haven to Dieppe ferry after a particularly rough crossing!

Dont ever play portal then.

Do you normally get motion sickness from this kinda thing?

I sometimes get this sickness with some games.. I couldnt play Duke Nuke`em, Doom, Quake but can play some games of the same type of fps.... strange!!

It happed abit with Resistance but only if I played for over a hour or so... not had a problem with Call Of Duty 4.

Maybe we have duff brains?

Riz :grin:

Maybe its sooooo real your body is getting scared and effecting your eyes, or maybe not

Its odd there was a thread about this sort of stuff a while ago, its unexplainable as its inconsistent like Riz's case of FPS games. Ive only ever had it before on portal

With me I start to get a dry throat to begin with.. them abit dizzy.... vision is still ok but feel sick and feeling that im going to through up thin air..... its hard to explain.... deffo something to do with motion of the framerate or something... perhaps darker games.

Riz :o

Its odd, in the last year when i go cinema i struggle sometimes and get motion sickness and am unable to focus on the screen its that sickening, it first happened in alien vs predator: requiem, however some films including wanted and gone daddy gone had no effect but hancock had a couple of odd moments