BMW 735i Auto 2002 Current Shape

18ME

I've been asked by a family members' boss to sell one of his cars for them. I maybe collecting on Monday or Tuesday to give it a valet and advertise it.

I've not got a clue about the 7 series with regard to values (other than looking on autotrader etc) and what spec they have. They've emailed some info and a picture (below) but nothing else yet but I'll get all this when I collect it.

So if anyone's got any ideas on a realistic selling price I'd be grateful.

He also has a Merc S320 CDI 56 plate which they may ask me to sell as well.

Mileage: 64835

Model/Type: 735 I Auto

Body Type: 4 Door Saloon

Type of Fuel: Petrol

Colour: Black

Vehicle Registration: VE51 00H

Date of First Registration: 16-01-2002

post-978-137914415821_thumb.jpg

Expect to get about £14k for it. :(

Thats a lot of car for the money.

I did initially think that it was worth a lot less than that when I looked in April's Glass's but then found out they only list the older model for that year, as I didn't realise thats when the later shape came out in 2002 so theres a cross over between models.

Any idea what's the BMW's model number for this model?

As long as I get a decent private price everyone will be happy as I'll get a bung for doing the donkey work and he'll get a better than trade in price.

Just picked the car up and it does need a good clean and a bit of TLC. When they gave me the paperwork I noticed the MOT had just run out so its booked in at Cotswold BMW tomorrow. Still haven't worked out exactly what it has or more importantly hasn't got. I know its got hot and cold bum heaters/coolers:cool: TV, Nav, Xenons, privacy glass, phone, memory everything etc

Its got the service book but thats got to be updated as the dealers haven't stamped all the scheduled intervals...do they still do that with the BMW Concours service pack?

Looking in Glass's it was £55470 for a 7351 SE but looking at Parker's spec list for that year this car has got a lot of extras on top of the std SE. I've even got a receipt here for £2317.41 for the 19" Alloys and tyres.

I think I'll stick it in the usual classified's for around £10k as I can't see it selling for much more than that as however buys it will need to tidy it up a bit.

Anyone know of a decent BMW forum where I can get some genuine info on the pricing of this car. I've just been on BMWLand.co.uk but had my post deleted as soon as I asked for help in pricing the car, followed by accusing post.

I just want rid of this car but need to get the price right and don't know if I've under valued it causing people to shy away thinking theres something not right or over valued it in a bad market.

Or does anyone know of any dealers that may be interested in it. I've asked franchised dealers but the car is too old for their forcourts.

Looking at what similar cars are priced at on autotrader i'd say 10k is about right,

the problem is the government are gunning to get the big cars off the road, £400 a year road tax this year +£5 for a gallon of petrol with 5p a litre rises every couple of weeks with no end in sight means people are really put off buying them.

I think your best bet for a quick sale is to ask the owner what's the minimum he'd be prepared to sell it for before thinking he may as well keep it.

Its just a car thats just sitting there at Dawn's bosses place not being used by anybody so needs to be sold. He wants what he can but not just give it away.

I think its priced right as I've had 3 people already enquire in the last 2 days. 1 guy came all the way from Cardiff yesterday to have a look and seems very interested and is now checking the service history out with BMW so maybe back. Also had another chap saying he wants to buy it without seeing but until I get some sort of commitment it will remain for sale.