RS4 - Must have options

Oli

Disagree that buckets are a "must have" - RS4s with buckets are worth less than RS4s with Recaros according to every dealer I've spoken to.

Second hand buyers aren't interested in the "hype" that surrounded the buckets at launch time, they just want a practical car - and buckets are not practical for everyone, they are a very personal thing.

Buckets are a must have for me - IMHO - Normal ones are the same as the S4 ones but with diff stitching. Personal choice but would be very surprised if buckets reduce second hand value, suspect your dealers have ones to sell without buckets. When I was looking for mine all the ones with buckets were worth about the same.

My mate mucked up his order (well badly advised by the dealer) and ended up with the multi function wheel - you do get a sport button but it is a normal switch on the dash and he REALLY does not like his.......... I can see his face every time he sees mine.

Disagree that buckets are a "must have" - RS4s with buckets are worth less than RS4s with Recaros according to every dealer I've spoken to.

Second hand buyers aren't interested in the "hype" that surrounded the buckets at launch time, they just want a practical car - and buckets are not practical for everyone, they are a very personal thing.

I don't think you can speak for all "second hand buyers".....

Also, this is the first time I've heard cars with proper RS4 bucket seats are worth less than those with recaros. Doesn't make sense and I think it's incorrect.

I don't think you can speak for all "second hand buyers".....

Also, this is the first time I've heard cars with proper RS4 bucket seats are worth less than those with recaros. Doesn't make sense and I think it's incorrect.

When I was looking at different cars, buckets or lack thereof didn't really seem to affect the prices being asked, it's just a personal preference.

:beer:

Sidicks

The only -ve with buckets is the bolster wear rates and lack of rear leg room because they are bulkier seats; all used RS4's (6 no.) I had a look at before buying one with nappa Recaro sports seats had excessive outer bolster wear.

Its a myth about buckets being must have option. I bought an rs4 from new last year and instantly wanted the buckets, after a 2 hour test drive i soon decided on reccaros. I too spoke to my dealer who said that he sells more with recarros as most buyers can see past the hype and decide to try both. The truth is that people with a waist line below 36" will probably find them okay whereas people above that may struggle. If you are buying just make sure you dont buy on image and try them both.

buckets not a must have as they are for some buyer but other prefer the normal seats

for me buckets were a must because they look great , feel fantastic (even after long journeys) and are part of the RS4 experience. but then I am not a fattie and am not bothered by the slight reduction in rear legroom, or mind being careful how i get in and out to protect the bolsters from creases

also not aware of "hype" on the buckets - they were fitted to most Audi test cars and were rightly complimented over their superb grip/comfort. some do not get on with them if they eat lots of pies or have back issues, try them and see

for those reasons as Dave said not a "must have" per se - the proper RS4 wheel definitely is, the multi-function wheel looks crap by comparison