[Audi A3/S3] Sold the R32 and taking delivery of Audi S3

secure247

I'm sure that you did. Is it a facelift car?

I would guess you are going to get about 7mpg more (?). I get 22-25 mpg out of my 3.2 TTR and presume that people get low 30's out of the S3. Someone will be along in a minute who's got one but enjoy what looks to be a great car - saw an orange one today and was strangely drawn to it.

Sorry my mistake it has 4500 miles on it and is on a 07 plate. If you go to the used car section on audi and look at Leicester branch as my car has been sold via Leeds Audi and driving it over tomorrow. Not sure why its so cheap as most of the S3s are fetching £26k ish and the car is good spec

Great choice.

I had a mk4 and mk5 R32 (the latter got stolen) and I then bought an A4 as a stop gap and have just bought a nearly new (4.5k / 57 plate) S3.

New price was over £31k and I paid under £26k and it was 4 months old.

Firstly mpg - you should get what Mook said depending on your driving style/commute etc, but I was averaging 22mpg in the R32 (DSG) and am just edging over 30mpg in the S3.

If you think about it, its nearly 50% better!

Secondly, it is faster than the R. There is some turbo lag, but once it gets moving it will make you smile :grin:

Thirdly, I prefer everything about the car, except the sound of the V6. But that said, when you get the S3 on song, its quite a growler.

And the quality of the interior is light years ahead of the VW.

I also hated the DSG on the R and was glad to see the back of it and get into a manual again.

Lastly, that extra mpg should help the S3 hold value so much more than the R. With petrol prices as they are, I am surprised yu have been able to get rid of the R at all.

All in all.....................you will be very very happy

:beer:

Sorry my mistake it has 4500 miles on it and is on a 07 plate. If you go to the used car section on audi and look at Leicester branch as my car has been sold via Leeds Audi and driving it over tomorrow. Not sure why its so cheap as most of the S3s are fetching £26k ish and the car is good spec

Great price, looks like a standard car though so that would explain the good price ?

AZ

Hi Mate

I have seen the car now Silver? Looks lovely and I still think for the price and mileage you have a great bargain.

I notice you purchased via Leeds - did you ask the dealer to get the car for you - just wondering how that all worked out? I would have thought Leeds would not have dealt with it and told you to go down to Leicester?

Cheers

Tone

Im going to persuade my brother to finally ditch the worlds most expensive car (WMEC) and get the S3. So you know the WMEC is an RX8. Has a 55 ltr tank and even with part motorway miles, not ragging it - will go through that in less than 100 miles. It has totally fallen apart on the inside and has had 3 engines, gearboxes and 4 clutches. Most has been under warrenty, but that is just about to expire (if it hasnt already!).

Sorry to hijak thread. The whole point of the above spiel is to say the car is my choise too for a good, fairly economical, safe, reliable, fast adn fun car.

Audi Leeds picked the car up and will be picking it later today. Was a bit gutted that it didnt have map reading lights so they have fitted me a unit FOC.

Got to say that I will miss the R32 and that noise it makes when you put your foot down. Also the build quality and the fact i never had one problem with the car since new.

Also the tyres are the same ones on it when i purchased it and have covered nearly 40k

Will post a bit later today when i have picked the S3 up ++++++

Audi Leeds picked the car up and will be picking it later today. Was a bit gutted that it didnt have map reading lights so they have fitted me a unit FOC.

Got to say that I will miss the R32 and that noise it makes when you put your foot down. Also the build quality and the fact i never had one problem with the car since new.

Also the tyres are the same ones on it when i purchased it and have covered nearly 40k

Will post a bit later today when i have picked the S3 up ++++++

Interesting to hear your R32 was so good - I had a Gold 2.0Tdi (mark 5) from new and it went back 20 times in the first year! It was utterly ****e and once all the issues were fixed it was fine until it went any where near a VW dealer.

As for our Audi which we owned at the same time it was flawless...hope you have the same experience!

Cheers

Tone

Been in the car now for a couple of hours and is obviously a different drive compared to the R32.

You have to drive it fairly hard and still trying to get used to the turbo lag as on the R32 if you put your foot down the power was there to pull away hard but i have gone down in engine size from 3.2 to 2.0.

The interior is spot on and better quality than the golf but would have been better if fitted with the light pack but instead did a retro fit of reading lamps so looks better

Handling is good as its a lighter car than the golf and also a lot quiter and not as much road noise as my car was very noisy on the road

Im off to manchester tomorrow so will take it for a good run. The main purpose was to get a smaller engine as the golf was a thirsty beast and sick of filling it up at nearly £50 - £60 a time. The S3 does seem a lot better on fuel and also wont be hit with the new tax hikes in April 09

Your doing well to get 30 mpg as my tank must have had a hole in it. I did drive at speeds under 100 mph and did have a heavy foot.

Its hard to drive the R32 at 70 as its such a cruising car and instant power when needed. Also the road tax situation was a worry with tax costing over £400 a year as i begrudge paying £200 a year so double the price would have peved me off.

Happy i have a new car and think the S3 looks a nicer car and not as in your face as the R32. The in car audio is very good and lots of bass which is another bonus.

i've just recently changed from an R32 to S3. My Golf wasn't a great deal thirstier than the S3 at the mo but that was partly down to the 26000 miles i did in it in 18 months. Mostly motorway and averaged over 32mpg. I'm not using the S3 in the same way at all and around the houses get 25mpg and on a run i've seen 32mpg.

Overall i loved the R32 which on motorways was such a great cruiser, well composed and effortless too. The S3 is a different game altogether and not as comfortable on a journey but i'm not using it for thoses types of journey anymore. I use it for A and B road blasts to which the R just fell short in comparison.

I miss the noise of the R32, although i have pulled the pipe for the flapper off the S3's exhaust and it sounds a bit more raspy and throaty

Also the road tax situation was a worry with tax costing over £400 a year as i begrudge paying £200 a year so double the price would have peved me off.

Your paying a heap load of tax on everything else, especially petrol, why worry about £200? If you can afford the S3 at £23K, then £400 tax? pah.