Order placed! The wait begins......

Booster

Just placed an order with Alastair at Stratford Audi (aliAUDI on here) for my new motor! Really good bloke to deal with. Can't recommend him highly enough.

Spec is:

A5 3.0TDi Quattro

Tiptronic

Quartz grey

Valcona leather (black)

Parking system advanced

19" Y Spoke wheels

Interior light pack

Comfort pack (electric seats etc)

Cruise control

B & O sound system

DVD sat nav

Audi Music Interface

Bluetooth - low

Black headlining

Just got to find out how long delivery is going to take. It could be as late as November......

Car is great in terms of practicality and perfect for my needs at present. I can't say I am that impressed with the move to diesel though, despite my best efforts I'm only managing about 39mpg, I thought i'd get a bit more. Having said that I'm only visiting the pumps every 2-3 weeks now compared to at least every week in the 3.2 so that's a big improvement regardless.

As for waiting for the atom it's been about eight and a half months now and it's really starting to hurt. I spoke to the factory a few weeks ago and they said realistically my wait is now looking at 12-14 months. New orders are being quoted as over 18 months. The flash floods in Crewkerne frightened me this morning as that's where the factory is. Apparently all is well though.

The only upside to the wait is that at least residuals should remain strong, though I'm not sure taking delivery of a 400+bhp/ton car in November is a recipe for success.

Hope you are well+++

• 2 months later...

Yep, all booked in for mid-day collection+++

Also being a complete saddo and doing an 80 mile round trip to have a look at it in the compund!

Still, the Mrs starts her maternity leave next week so we can go and have lunch by the river (and no doubt I will get dragged round some shops:o)

• 5 weeks later...

Cheers fella+++

Will take the camera!

Only thing that is annloying is that the forecast is great in the morning and then for thunderstorms in the afternoon. Still, it should be dry for the drive home and then it has got to sit on my drive till Monday anyway. I will have to amuse myself pressing buttons!:grin:

Cheers fella+++

Will take the camera!

Only thing that is annloying is that the forecast is great in the morning and then for thunderstorms in the afternoon. Still, it should be dry for the drive home and then it has got to sit on my drive till Monday anyway. I will have to amuse myself pressing buttons!:grin:

There's plenty of stuff to figure out and play with.... but nothing beats the drive :grin: always puts a smile on my face......