Race Driver : GRID ?

CarMad

Well I've been playing it for the last few hours and its pretty darn good. The graphics are great and you don't need a stupidly top end machine to run it either for a change so well done to them for that.

The physics are good but it is a little on the arcady side, but that's no bad thing, if you turn everything off its a good challenge and at the top levels very difficult to do the challenges. There is a great choice of race cars to drive and circuits to drive on.

All in all a great racing game and the best I've played for it a good while. Just don't expect it to be a top sim type game and you won't be disappointed. +++

Got it on the ps3 last thurs (play sent it a day early)!

Love the game think it's great, especially the drifting, the only problem is I'm getting bored of it already, I find this with all racing games though, they just lack lastability.

The graphics are top notch and the flashback system is a really good idea, the cars handle in a 'fun' way too, especially skylines and the like.

I also like the way you can pick your own sponsors and set up how all your cars look and what stripes you have on etc..

I have it on Xbox 360, got it last thursday, a quick summary would be somewhere in the middle of PGR and Forza, really like the Le Man stuff....and the in car driver view is really sweet! Goes very well with the Xbox 360 wheel and pedals too! +++

The demolition derby's are great fun...some really good crash animation!

Everything bar the traction off for me but only because the game doesn't want to configure the analogue stick on my controller properly so I'm using a button.

Great game and a good challenge on some of the games, like the replay feature works very well to keep the game flowing. Its not got boring for me yet which is a good sign of a good driving game but then I've not played it that much. +++

This is the only game lately that i have really enjoyed, the races can be tight for a few laps and then as your coming up behind someone as they pirouette off the track there's a sense of arghhhh dont hit it.

my only grumble is the cars seem to have more understeer then the A.I which is especially noticeable in the open wheel segment through flat out corners where the A.I just seem to be able to hold much much more speed.

love the drift mode though the sense of getting 20 million in 3 laps is always nice, especially when A.I only get 1 or 2 million.

Had my first play of this today on a PS3, game was great, very challenging! Didn't get any of the bonuses on the way to making 40k but I did have all aids off ;)

Was disappointed with the jurkyness between loading screens though, has anyone else noticed this?

Was disappointed with the jurkyness between loading screens though, has anyone else noticed this?

Yep very annoying...especially when the sponsor money is flashing up - it sometimes freezes.

Another time I've noticed freezes is at the start of a race just before music is going to start theres a 4-5 sec freeze.

I guess codemasters will release an update soon thou