03Jun FIA Boot Mugabe Club Vote Prediction

SeanKHotay

I don't understand the meaning in your title ???

Is this about a man who is guilty of Genocide or a man who pays for sex with prostitutes?

I know the former is controversially and ironically in Rome for a UN Food Conference and the latter facing a vote today.

If you are somehow comparing the two of them together then you need your head examined mate.

I don't understand the meaning in your title ???

Is this about a man who is guilty of Genocide or a man who pays for sex with prostitutes?

I know the former is controversially and ironically in Rome for a UN Food Conference and the latter facing a vote today.

If you are somehow comparing the two of them together then you need your head examined mate.

Maybe my head, maybe your humor bone.

I am comparing the two, "Mugabe" as in a guy who, facing scathing criticism of his actions, ostracization because of his actions, and a failing organization he is in charge of because of his intransigence, still refuses to leave the office he shamed with his personal actions, further shaming it.

The FIA vote prediction was for the Max Mosley variety. I was way off, btw...

If you were personally touched by the Robert Mugabe variety, I witness and feel your pain. His reign and actions are unacceptable.

But...

...did anyone find my comparison funny? They did elsewhere on the 'net, quite a bit actually. But maybe this site isn't the place to make this type of comparison.

I thought it was.

I did think it was funny, despite the fact that I know people who have suffered the real Mugabe's Mugabishness. I wouldn't find it so funny if my farm had been seized by Mugabe just because I'm white.

You know what they say: humour = tragedy + distance (be it chronological, emotional or geographical). The distance at which one is able to turn tragedy in humour vary widely among people... and sniffpetrolheads.

I found it quite funny - and quite apt in this situation.

Mugabe and Mosely - both muppets incharge of an organisation in which their own personal interests come first........

I doubt people in Zimbabwe who's farms had been siezed would be reading this (would be allowed to read this). I also think they'd know this was a piss take of Mugabe.

• 4 weeks later...

Gonzales is right, for a tragedy to be funny, distance is required. Zimbabwe shares a border with South Africa, ergo : not funny at all. Any day now, we are going to have the Mother of all refugee crisis' on our Northern border, our most fertile farming region. We are fairly lucky, we, by African standards at least, are a rich and stable country. Our neighbour, Mozambique, is not, and cannot afford an influx of refugees. When, and not if, Zimbabwe implodes, so Mozambique will fall.

When this happens the world can expect our beloved President Mbeki to publicly deny that a problem exist and to veto any action by the U.N. Security Council. We have gone from being the most hated country on earth to being the most pathetic. Such is life.

Kind Regards

Johan Buchner