Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woppum

CSL Madness!!

19 posts in this topic

Went to the BMW day at Oulten park yesterday. Apparently there were more CSL's together than ever before except for at factory! 14 turned up! BMW mag was covering the day both filming and taking shots of us on track. There will be a big feature next month apparently. Really was a fantastic day and great to catch up with other owners. Oulten is the most demanding track I have driven. So very narrow and bumpy but the real difficulty comes if you dont know it. You just have no idea what is over the next crest! Anyway I was a good boy, have been since the Silverstone escapades :secret:.

Anyway a few shots:

cslregister30.jpg

cslregister48.jpg

cslregister10.jpg

cslregister18.jpg

cslregister38.jpg

This was the set up for the final shot. Both John and I at the front. This isnt the exact pic, this was taken by a mate. BMW mag took it from above. Hopefully will make the pages....

cslregister49.jpg

Looks good, so what's next seasons colours then ;)

:grin: thats a whole lot of CSL's - though for some reason, one stands out - I just can't put my finger on it :jump:

Form after function it may be but Thorney's CSL really does look like sh1t.

Nice pics :cool:

Say it as it is... lol.

Damm Woppum... what happened to your car?

Riz :eek:

Glad you enjoyed Oulton, Wopps. One of my favourite circuits to drive (not just cos I only live about 40 mins away). +++

Any good stories of CSL's spearing into the armco at Deer Leap? :grin:

Nope. No bad crashes thank feck! An atom 300 lost it and almost hit the wall (driver could have been deaded), a Blk CSL I was chaising span out right in front of me - luckilly my stoppers (which were on fire at the time) saved us both. Par that all twas fine. I kept m-track (semi traction) on the whole time simply becasue if I ever did venture slightly off the track chances are i wouldnt be comig back on. Its not a track to make mistakes on!!!

Say it as it is... lol.

Damm Woppum... what happened to your car?

Riz :eek:

dipped it in the snot of baby jesus. came out rather good i rekon ;)

dipped it in the snot of baby jesus. came out rather good i rekon ;)
Its rather funky dude... top job....

Riz +++

Sam

There was a BM3W (now M Torque) track day at Castle Coombe some years ago and alot more than 14 CSL's turned for that day.

Nice to see so many in one place though.

Must have been the generation 1 CSL owners. Most the crowd now are G2's or 3's so that is probably where the confusion was... Still a good turnout though...

Oulton Park is possibly my favourite track as it's very easy to learn & a fantastic track in the dry. When wet it's more evil than Donnington which is my 2nd favourite in the UK,.

Glad you had fun.

I guess your paint job is all down to personal taste & i just hope it's a body transfer.

Oulten isnt my fave - that crown goes to Silverstone GP followed by Angelsey theny Donny, then oulten. Problem Oulten has is barriers and crests. I came over one and there was a bloody pheasant in the middle of the track! Had to swoop around it. Same with a cone on another. I just felt unless you are a mad man its just not worth pushing. I preufre to do that at a track like Angelsey where you have the flexibility to learn from your mistakes...

Oulten isnt my fave - that crown goes to Silverstone GP followed by Angelsey theny Donny, then oulten. Problem Oulten has is barriers and crests. I came over one and there was a bloody pheasant in the middle of the track! Had to swoop around it. Same with a cone on another. I just felt unless you are a mad man its just not worth pushing. I preufre to do that at a track like Angelsey where you have the flexibility to learn from your mistakes...

It's OULTON PARK, not Oulten.

I know what you mean but i feel track knowledge is the highest requirement to allow quick laps, with car performance & run off etc. coming down the list. I've had my moments at Oulton (under the Bridge & the next 2 corners mainly), but i know the track backwards, as i do Donnington & Nordschleife, so that keeps me quick without having to push beyond my/my cars limits.

I've never done Angelsey as it's a little too tight a track for road cars, but the CSL would love it.

I have been struggling with that word for months. Been slapped round the face with a wet fish on a few occasions becasue of it! :(

I know what you mean but i feel track knowledge is the highest requirement to allow quick laps, with car performance & run off etc. coming down the list.

with an RS4 you'd have to think like that :grin:

with an RS4 you'd have to think like that :grin:

Nope, care to prove me wrong?:):)

Short. Sharp. Concise. Brilliantly funny! :grin:

Just flicked over to Dave to see Clarkson on the Isle of Man with the CSL review from backalong. Then the M1, M5 and E30 M3 with May and Hammond. Damn good viewing. :thumb: