My GTI with new plates

Mouse

My new UK pressed plates arrived last week, I've been itching to get them on since having to put on those horrible VW plates I bought two years ago. I now prefer the plate on the bumper much better now, although ideally no plate would be the best. Anyway some pics...

Random Macro shot:

dsc01791mediumpg5.jpg

Old and new plates:

dsc01800mediumdu9.jpg

No front plate 8-)

dsc01802mediumxj8.jpg

New plate on:

dsc01810mediumxb4.jpg

Time for a drive:

dsc01812mediumdj7.jpg

dsc01818mediumwv2.jpg

dsc01820mediumjf3.jpg

Cairn O Mount road - just couldn't resist:

dsc01828mediumor3.jpg

dsc01827mediumul7.jpg

dsc01829mediumgp6.jpg

dsc01831mediumom5.jpg

dsc01832mediumqm2.jpg

dsc01833mediumsi8.jpg

Ouch:

dsc01836mediumxt9.jpg

dsc01837mediumfb3.jpg

dsc01838mediumwi7.jpg

And I had a little bit of an accident, pretty pissed off to say the least:

dsc01841mediumqu1.jpg

dsc01842mediumvd1.jpg

Boulder + lowered car don't mix. Totally didn't see it when parking up to get a photo then all I heard was an almighty grinding noise...ahh well, back to the bodyshop!

You really do know where to take photos/ have a drive don't you +++

Sorry to see that damage, damn random acts of :dung:

Shame you have to have a plate on the front, almost negates all the smoothing. At least your new plates look much better than regular/ old ones. I've thought about getting some pressed plates, but can't be bothered with the chance of getting pulled.

DubMeister pressed metal plates are legal, and have their details and postcode on, and crucially are BS stamped aswell.+++

Are they? I thought they were kinda technically legal, being that they fullfill all the criteria, but they're actually illegal because they're not plastic and the same as everyone else's? Might have to change my mind on pressed plates if that's the case... I need some new ones.

Yep, it's been discussed over on Seatcupra.net, and the upshot of it is that DubMeister are convinced their manufacture process, document check, material / construction etc. are all correct and they're bs stamped accordingly.

No one has managed to be stopped by a police yet to try it out, but apparently if they're bs stamped then they're legal.