A8 Parts LPG Conversions

IT_S8

We're pleased to be able to confirm that after discussions with Autogas 2000 (Autogas 2000 Ltd) we will shortly be in a position to offer LPG conversions specifically for the D2 range.

Previous discussions here: http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-a8-s8/108586-166k-high-lpg-5.html with input from Chris Wise at Autogas 2000 have certainly stirred up some interest.

Working with Autogas 2000, our intention is to take their excellent LPG package as it exists today, but to further enhance it in a number of key areas:

* Customise the tank packages for long range or discretion as desired

* Provide a number of well tested, documented locations for the filler cap

* Suggest with examples locations for the switchgear

* Provide demonstrator vehicles to address the queries regarding feel and performance

* Provide model specific pre sales advice backed up with experience of the D2

Our initial goals therefore are to perfect the overall LPG conversion experience for D2 owners, hopefully giving more people the confidence to consider making the move.

Another hot topic has been the topics of bulk discounts etc. Having considered the compact structure of D2 compared to other marques, we can fully appreciate now why you're unlikely to be able to squeeze much in the way of discount out of any installer. They are a well engineered car, but almost every crevice is filled with a pipe, ECU or bit of foam padding, making it awkward for installers of many different marques to perfect this installation. Worse still, if a space exists on one car, you normally find its filled by some factory fitted option on another.

Given our experience in the make up of these models, and having access to probably the largest D2 testbed globally, we can design the install from end to end. We're hoping that this will ultimately enable a quicker installation by us, giving labour savings we could pass on.

I trust this is interesting news, and if you have any feedback, interest, queries etc then either contact us direct, or post on this thread +++

Yes, its an obvious option to offer - but - The second hand car market has slowed down considerably for lots of reasons, fuel, tax, credit crunch etc so we're not actively seeking cars to trade at the moment.... If we're offered something nice, we'd consider it though.

Top banana Ian and David. A8 parts going from strength to strength. If it helps anyone I can offer a firm +++ for LPG with over 18000 trouble free miles on the stuff. I have saved on fuel bills so far £2100 in the last year and will have covered the cost of installation in 3000 miles time or about another 2 months for me making 14 months in all.

With Dave's and Ian's knowledge of the mark and their exacting standards you can be sure of a quality install.

Mike

Again as an LPG user on both of my S8's I can only vouch for the effectiveness of this but also the difficulty in getting a system to work as well as an S8 deserves.

If somebody with Ians S8 experience can apply it to installing an LPG kit then interesting things will happen.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow (06-06-08) from Autogas. They told me that its a tight squeeze under the S8 and in the time could have probably done 2 range rovers but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Just wondering if Chris is reading this is the bulk buy discount back dated!!! Only joking as I was happy with the price to begin with and now I'm saving fuel costs from tomorrow as he's already booked about 4 weeks ahead

As soon as my boot is tidied up and my exhaust is done I'll be going LPG. As I was going to use Autogas 2000 anyway and have also had a positive experience with A8parts this can only be a good thing. Keep us upto date and I will definitely be in touch.

Modern sequential take the injector duration signal directly from the Audi ECU injector signals, ergo is the Audi ECU corrects for a problem, so does the the LPG. Theres an internal calculation within the LPG ECU but other than that the original ECU does the work.

There is a noticeable loss of power but only on full throttle (mine switches to petrol automatically at 5K RPM)

The power drop will be less than 10%, which on a car producing well over 300, it really isn't going to impact on the average motorway journey... +++

As said above, the system is entirely sequential. The Petrol injector connections are intercepted and processed by the LPG ecu which then interprets the signals to control its own injectors, or at higher revs or through manual preference / shortage of LPG or during warm up it can pass the signals through to the original petrol injectors to run on petrol....

Running on LPG and the actual switchover is all very seamless. Those that have run on LPG appreciate this, and for those who never have, it all seems like magical wizardry I'm sure, but we'll hopefully have some demonstrators ready soon so the less convinced can try before they buy... +++

just out of interest, I was painfully filling my car with some Shell V power today(£1.28 per litre) and noticed I was standing right next to the lpg pump.

59 pence per litre :eek:

And its less than a mile away.

Hell it would not greatly concern me if there is a power loss from lpg at such a price difference, bring it on guys, soon please

Viva IT_S8.

If you had been active on TSN perhaps six months earlier, I probably would not have sold my S8. Having an enthusiastic source of good advice and cheap parts makes a big difference when trying to keep one of these old barges going. Long may you continue. +++

Viva IT_S8.

If you had been active on TSN perhaps six months earlier, I probably would not have sold my S8. Having an enthusiastic source of good advice and cheap parts makes a big difference when trying to keep one of these old barges going. Long may you continue. +++

Buy another! :D Go On, You know you want to. Go On, Go on, Go on, Go On, Go on, Go on, Go On, Go on, Go on, Go On, Go on, Go on, Go On, Go on, Go on, Go On, Go on, Go on, Go On, Go on, Go on, Go On, Go on, Go on, Go On, Go on, Go on, Go On, Go on, Go on, Go On, Go on, Go on, :roflmao:

Mike

just out of interest, I was painfully filling my car with some Shell V power today(£1.28 per litre) and noticed I was standing right next to the lpg pump.

59 pence per litre :eek:

And its less than a mile away.

Hell it would not greatly concern me if there is a power loss from lpg at such a price difference, bring it on guys, soon please

It's even cheaper if you go to a Gas dealer, such as Energas, BOC, Air Products, even the Calor Office block down the road from me sell it to the public from their car park

There are also schemes that you subscribe to where you pay your membership and you get a list and map of farms that have LPG tanks, and you get a master key to access the Tank

All cheaper than the petrol companies +++

It's even cheaper if you go to a Gas dealer, such as Energas, BOC, Air Products, even the Calor Office block down the road from me sell it to the public from their car park

There are also schemes that you subscribe to where you pay your membership and you get a list and map of farms that have LPG tanks, and you get a master key to access the Tank

All cheaper than the petrol companies +++

Flogas near me are charging 49.9p per litre!

Mike

Viva IT_S8.

Thanks for the supportive words - Its for exactly the reasons you state that we started the business. We were personally tired of paying silly prices for relitively basic components, and I personally sold my first A8 through just this fear of spirraling costs (nearly bought it back 6 months ago too lol)

Thanks for the supportive words

They were meant. I keep having second thoughts about getting rid of my S8 (too late now), and knowing such a good source for parts and advice would almost certainly have swung it. Instead I kept the Saab 9-5 Aero which ain't quite in the same league, to put it mildly.