New RS4 Avant Owner

mdca99

I am the Happy owner of a Low Mileage B7 Avant !

I am looking at some mods and would welcome any help.

1/ Anyone done Nitrous

2/ How good is the Miltek Exhaust as I want a Louder Deeper Tone

3/ Anyone had a Turbo Conversion

4/ I have a Standard Steering Wheel with Sport Button on Dash - I really want to retro fit the Stunning Flat bottom wheel - Can it be done ?

Many Thanks.

Mike

Welcome to the nuthouse mdca +++

Any RS4 with a full Milltek sounds the muts nuts. There's a couple of choices w.r.t. the valve for the back box. Either way they sound even better with one on +++

Nitrous? Don't go there unless you find someone who really knows what they're doing and they can show you an RS4 with an existing conversion that's covered at least 10K miles with no problems.

MTM in Germany do a supercharger conversion for the B7 RS4 - do a search on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. for "MTM RS4 supercharged" and it should come up.

Have fun +++

Cheers Guys !

Yes I have bought the right car, I have liked them for a while !

Just selling my Beloved Evo running at 450 BHP to get this as I need a practical car for the family and a fun car for the weekend !

Just looking at what is available !

Who is the most popular Tuner for Remapping and is 15 BHP the Average ?

Anyone Based in Shropshire or the Midlands.

Mike

Talk to Ed at APS - they're based in Brackley. They can map a stock RS4 straight up by 20bhp and 20 torques without a Milltek. More, depending on the Milltek you choose. They can also supply the exhuast system.

The only Evo at 400bhp+ I've seen was at the Lancer Register organised track day at Spa last year and that was spitting flames out the back lifting for Eau Rouge - pah, lifting I hear you say :P but if feckin flew. Quickest thing on the track by a long, long way.

The whole anti-yaw control on the Evo 8 & 9 is just fantastic +++

Cheers Buddy !

Mine is the Evo V with a Fully Forged Engine and Big Turbo.

Spent Thousands on the Engine Purely for Torque and Reliability.

0-60 3.8 Seconds.

That is why I am bothered about Torque as the RS4 is amazing for a N/A motor.

M

Mine went to APS and they are recommended / based in the midlands. Smoothing of the curves / removal of flat spots / more eagre revving is more noticeable than power increase (although I think I can detect it)

MTM are overly expensive IMHO

General view of recommended places for a remap (from many comments on rs246) are MRC, DMS and APS

• 1 month later...