Help Ps3 Frozen!

just put in gta into my ps3 60gb, prompted me with software update, ran the update and now i just got a blank sceen. I have left the ps3 as it is dont want to switch it off as i dont want to risk it dieing.

what shall i do?

Whatever you do DONT pull out the power cable or use the switch on the back of the PlayStation3.

Leave it for a short while, if the PlayStation3 doesnt reset or recover push and hold down the power button (the soft touch button near the Sony logo at the CD slot) and keep it pressed down until it beeps and then it should turn off.

Turn it on again and that sound get you back up and running again.

Riz +++

• 2 weeks later...
its working now but not the same as it was before, crashes here and there, tbh really winding me up, gonna speak to PC world as thats where i bought it from.
Ive been having a few issues too but mine is out of warranty. Sony are trying to figure out why 2.40 has caused so many problems... hence why it got pulled of the servers!

If you have just recently bought it.. just get it changed...... when you get the new one up and running it`ll download 2.36 firmware which is ok!

Riz +++