Can cannabis grow in the UK?

Alastair_A3

Ive spotted what looks like a cannabis plant growing in the garden. The leaves look identical to pics off the net and also if you smell the leaves in your hand it certainly smells like it. (not that ive ever used it officer)

What do we reckon? Intresting thing is that plant is growing where the bird house used to be, perhaps a foreign seed?

001-1.jpg

002.jpg

how come you've just "spotted it" - its fecking huge.

I think you and alastair junior have been cultivating it! GUILTY your honour! 5 years in chains.

Just what I was thinking Chav....if it was that much of a concern, it would have been gone long ago.

how come you've just "spotted it" - its fecking huge.

I think you and alastair junior have been cultivating it! GUILTY your honour! 5 years in chains.

Ive only spotted it today, its at the bottom of the garden where the bird house used to be in a shrub patch. It must have grown up quite quick

you're really not getting this are you.

I'll assist...

1) you tell the whole world on this forum that the plant in question was actually a common weed

2) you tell the whole world that you pulled it up and disposed of it anyway, just to be safe

3) do the opposite and enjoy al fresco with a brandy or two.

4) mum's the word.

The leaves are the least potent part of the plant, bubs and flowers are best! I only know this due to the expert witness report I was reading last night for the GF. She's representing a bloke caught growing 54 plants in his loft. He's claiming it was for personal use but unfortunately we had enough growing for the next 5 years (cannabis has a selluse by date of about a year)! He does say that he though he wan't green fingered and planted extra in case he killed some. All in all he's screwed.

This happened in my mother-in-law's garden. The plant comes from hemp seed which comes in mixed bird food that grows after the birds scatter around bird tables. I'd also imagine it's from a variety with zero or very low levels of THC so that it can be grown legally and harvested (somewhere in the world) for bird food.

I would very much doubt you would get in trouble for this, as you'll never grow anything from this plant that has a narcotic effect. Although some nosey neighbour might dob you in for growing it which might meen you get unwanted attention from the BIB.

As it is I enjoyed scaring the M-I-L saying she was up for several years in jail which was fun....